Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Dodge Challenger T/A

MoparDad83

Well decided to get back into models and figured since I'm a huge fan of old and new school Mopars why not start a new collection of Mopars (other collection is my Jeeps). Anyways, don't have pictures yet, need to get a new camera but since I am starting from the beginning again did pick up a few supplies to begin this new hobby...

Testors Amazing airbrush set

Testors Model building Supply Kit

MM Empty Paint storage system

Testors quick dry 1oz glue

Testors Amazing airbrush paint refill kit

Auto detail paint set

Spent about 80 bucks or so on supplies on Amazon.com. Still way cheaper then all the offroad parts I have ordered for my Jeeps, lol. Still don't know if I want to airbrush the car or use a spray can. Any suggestions?

Anyways, wife and I are getting a new camera so I'll be posting pictures of the progress soon....

Seeing as you have an airbrush - use it.

But you can get a good result I've found from a few good can coats - being so small you can't really leave transparent spots unless you're trying... lol

Can't wait for pics - '70 Challenger is one of my Dream cars. :-)

Went up to the local hobby lobby today. Picked some more things up. Mostly small things but did pick paint up. Got Model Master's white primer, Model Master's Sublime Green, which will be the color for the Challenger and Model Master's Lacquer Overcoat Gloss. Now can I use the Lacquer Overcoat Gloss for the clear coat or should I get clear coat. I couldn't find it on the shelf and the wife seemed pretty bored, lol. Pictures will come soon. In the garage primed, waiting for it to dry.

Now I know I have a air brush kit coming in tomorrow but I want to practice a bit with it. I might end up picking up another model and trying it out on it.

I have to be honest, this stuff is really fun and I'm really excited about getting in deep with this hobby. Kind of like my offroading hobby, lol.