Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scania R series Lego (different scales)

Well I won't open a hundred topics, but this did not really fit in the Peterbilt one. I am glad many of you like these builds and I promised to show some more:

7456205660_2d46f0971d_b.jpg

This is a 1:16 scaled Scania R730 Finnish combo. They run roadtrains at 25.25 meter (82.8'), at an allowed width of 2.60 meter (8.5') and height of 4.20 meter (13.7'), this model Scania is a V8 which comes at 730hp, being the second strongest standard truck in Europe (Volvo has a 750hp engine).

For those interrested, the specs:

Pulling unit: Scania R730 V8 long chassis

Scale : 1:16

Bricks : Approx 2600

Weight : 3.2 kg

Length : 59 cm (including bullbar)

Width : 16.5 cm (including mirrors)

Height : 26 cm (including spoiler)

Wheels : type 32020, 62.4

Drivetrain : 6x4, driven by XL PF engine with heavy reduction.

Steering: : medium PF engine, geared down as well.

Cabin : tiltable to 60 degrees, working doors, fully equipped interior.

Dragons : Printed sticker foil, edited from pictures found on the web in high resolution. Web pictures heavily modified by myself with color overlays,additional layers, filters and matched with output Lego CMYK values.

Trailer: Ekeri refregirated trailer with Carrier cooling unit on dolly

Scale : 1:16

Bricks : Approx 1600

Weight : 2.3 kg

Length : 78.5 cm (including Carrier cooler)

Width : 14.8 cm

Height : 25.7 cm

Wheels : type 32020, 62.4

Dragons : Printed sticker foil, edited from pictures found on the web in high resolution. Web pictures heavily modified by myself with color overlays,additional layers, filters and matched with output Lego CMYK values.

Misc:

Chrome : true metal plated bricks and wheels in cooperation with Erik from Bricks4all.nl

Sticker foils : special industrial quality adhesive foil, and a big thanks to my buddy Rene, who printed them at his company

Foil application : My wife has put them on, because i did not have the guts :-)

Edited by Bricksonwheels

Yes! This is a refreshing change! Very nice! They're still model trucks, so it doesn't really matter what you build them out of. Good work! Your wife did put a nice touch to this one. What surprises me most is that details are still pretty close to scale even in the (Peterbilt's) engine compartment, ok, some details are slightly off, limited by brick size, but overall your trucks look really good and having played with Lego myself as a kid like tons others here, I have to say you have done impressive work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...