Model Cars Magazine Forum

Brute Force 71 Camaro

Chas SCR

Did the rocker panels after we had the house fire today! had to do some thing to take my mind off of stuff just before leaving to Salt Lake on Wensday. The other camaro frame is for another project but has some of the same work done to it or will have in the end. For the rim I was making some rings and more fine tuning them for the thickness of the paint and clear that will be added to them so the parts will go together in the end.

Thank every one, the house fire was in the garage as my father was moving his custom truck up to do some work and a fuel line filter (glass on) broke and sparked a nasty fire inside the garage. We all are ok the truck is kind of messed up with wiring and such that was burned.

See you in Salt Lake this weekend and hope every one has fun on the forums!

• 3 weeks later...

I will be back on building this wild monster here this week, I first like to appoligize to Mark Jones for not bring her to GSL in Salt Lake and wish I did as he was grace enough of going over some real hard detail under standing for this build.

After having about an hr long talk with Mark he was able to walk me through on what needs to be redone (not in a bad way because of looks or any thing) but for making sure every thing will fit under the hood when it's built and done. To understand on what to add and keep for scale work at this level and being 1/24th scale is very hard to make sure it works and fits in the end. Unlike working with brass i'm doing every thing with sheet plastic and there is a very limited space I can work with and still be right.

Again I will have to be deleting some detail and parts but its for the better good of the build then any thing and want to thank Mark D Jones on this for all the great help he is offering me to make sure this build will be as good as it can.

• 2 weeks later...

Doing some work on Brute Force this week, the hood is so thin now and have started puttying inside it to smooth it out also did the inner fenders and door handles as I just have to scrib around them.Yes they are two part door handles

the big over size 16inch 6 piston Bremo Brake calipers for "Brute Force" they are now done and three part. The rotor was a test shot for the rotors and will be redone for the rears and the fronts are 14 inch rotors, also there is a bolt hold

at the top so the bolt rod that runs through the two to hold the pads in place is there. There is just enough room to fit inside the rim and the fronts will be a lot easier to fit as the rotors and calipers are not as big.

With the motor block, heads and oilpan is just a test mock up for another build. I did do the Brute Force valve covers today. Came out real nice even at the low res .3mm setting but once I do make the main ones i'm going down to .0050micron setting. The motor was all done for this car and another project that takes a taller head for the LS7 motor block. heads are .3mm taller then the revell ones.

980418_10200781259927628_1884435561_o.jp