Model Cars Magazine Forum

Brute Force 71 Camaro

Chas SCR

@ Mark, yes I plan on having it in white glue on the primer table. I did measure them and they was a little thicker then what I would like as the kit ones are .120 thick and they was .080 thick so I sanded them down to .070 thick now. This is about as much as I can go with out making new ones as I used .020 thick sheet stock and lade them inside the bar so the 1/2 of the round stock could show the roundness to the edge.

@ Mark, here are the bumpers showing how thin they are now.

The bumpers with the quarter shows how narrow they are. This was brought up as a conseren from a friend of mine but after checking them they are .070 thin compare to the kit ones that are .120. Also I was able to get the trunk lid started and the drip rails put in tonight. The trunk lid will be made out of .030 thick sheet stock later and have a lot of brass work under side bracing done.

163560_10200505646077454_1706118279_n.jp59255_10200505646277459_1948993205_n.jpg537249_10200505646517465_984816304_n.jpg

I look forward to seeing it. But remember, the bumpers on this car are nothing like the factory GM units. Compare to the Brute Force car, not a GM Camaro/kit part.

Brass is all well and good, but I found it easier to make the under structure for the deck lid from sheet styrene... Once it is cemented in it provides plenty of strength, in fact since plastic to plastic bonds better than brass to plastic, it might be better.

I was looking again at the build pic of the front bumpers and if I did redo them to a thinner round stock i'm not to sure if it would show enough roundness to it. They are flat on top and under side that comes out to a angle like this ). I will also take that under advisement for doing the trunk lid. There is a lot of build on that also that I really have to take my time with and getting it all to fit in place. Why I was thinking of going to brass was it will hold the contures right and still be thin enough for it all to fit.

Not the latest series of the Walking Dead..........very disappointing

True very true....But Im a noob both in the modelling commmunity and the Walking Dead Community. So let harken his work to the that of a masterpiece ! Better anology.

thank you for the kind words and looking at it. I just wish there was more then just me doing this work on it as each part takes so long to fit and make it right and then figure out the thickness of the paint and so on so it will look good in the end.

thank you for the kind words and looking at it. I just wish there was more then just me doing this work on it as each part takes so long to fit and make it right and then figure out the thickness of the paint and so on so it will look good in the end.

But isn't that what scratch building is all about! Hang in there and keep on fabbing.

Edited by James2