Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Baja Bug Resin body ready!

Hey guys I finally got something positive out of the mold. They are not perfect and will require some minor touch up but overall came out good enough for me put up for sale (first body ever casted). I know there was requests for the Tamiya kit but I needed something to gain experience from first. If you would like one, please email me. I can ship within three days of receiving payment and I will work with anyone who is unhappy with the product.

Jake

• 3 weeks later...

I hate to say this but the mold has taken a turn for the worst. I knew this would happen eventually.

I got a great run out of the mold and I casted about 70 bodies from it. The really bad news is I am not making another mold of this body. I still have 23 bodies left that I am bringing to the NNL in Georgia. This is all that is left.

I would like to thank the guys who ordered bodies and I hoe they make great models. I am working on a new Baja body now and I hope to have it ready very soon.

Jake

I hate to say this but the mold has taken a turn for the worst. I knew this would happen eventually.

I got a great run out of the mold and I casted about 70 bodies from it. The really bad news is I am not making another mold of this body. I still have 23 bodies left that I am bringing to the NNL in Georgia. This is all that is left.

I would like to thank the guys who ordered bodies and I hoe they make great models. I am working on a new Baja body now and I hope to have it ready very soon.

Jake

Jake,

what about a THING Body? Not theWW II body the 181 body.

Edited by carsntrucks4you

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jake, Sorry to hear about the mold. I really like my Baja and I guess now it's a collectors item !! LOL I would be interested in a Vee Dub Thing if you can get your hands on a master. I'm sure I'll pick up one of the new Bajas also. Thanks for the update and good luck at the NNL.

Mark

Hello Jake

The baja body is really nice. I was your first customer of the day in Atlanta. I should had picked-up the baja bug.

If you have anymore let me know. or if you cast some more you could try and make it to the NNL East in April talk to Tom Geiger he is in this forum. They are in a new place and the vending area is twice as big so he maybe looking for vendors :lol: .

You will not be disappointed if you do. Also a Thing would be nice like others have said.

Ariel