Model Cars Magazine Forum
camarofreak82_427

1st annual demo derby cb

It's not done quite yet, just showing the progress of it so far.... Got some more paint and detailing to do yet.....

IMG_1738_zpsae46254f.jpg

In 1:1 demo derbies, if you could get your rear end to fold up like this, the car was invincible. There was no more damage you could do to it! Guys would put strategic cuts in the tops of the quarter panels to encourage it to bend this way. The only problem was that you couldn't see out the back at all to see what you were aiming at!

Edited by Tom Geiger

That and after awhile it could bang the diff enough to blow out the driveshaft. I've seen that happen, but it does take awhile to bend stuff enough to allow it...

I've got more weathering to do on this, engine and interior, etc...

Question for all derby builders what number are you going to be using for your car so we dont have 2 cars with same number ?

Me im using 76 or 7x

Inspiration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Need to finish weathering on them yet.......

IMG_9958_zps21c40cfd.jpg

IMG_9952_zps66cd24b2.jpg

IMG_9955_zpse4df522e.jpg

IMG_9956_zps5673b46e.jpg

IMG_9945_zpse69cde2d.jpg

IMG_9949_zps6806eaed.jpg

IMG_9947_zpsddca3bb2.jpg

IMG_9946_zps9b0cfc53.jpg

IMG_9951_zps2ebe255e.jpg

Edited by DrKerry

No cages, cross bars behind seat from door to door. Being that I cover my tanks and just want a basic shape. I used fuel tanks from a top fuel funny car.

hey guys sorry I havnt kept up with the forums I have been working on starting my own detail shop lately after working my main job so life has been pretty busy for me, I havnt hardly had anytime to work on anything lately

Not a problem Brandan, unfortunately we understand that crazy thing called life. It's why I haven't built anything all summer...

I'm still plugging away at the Pontiac. I just have a ton of other projects going as well.

Well after having to clean out my model room for a not working sump pump. Nothing got damaged thankfully, but I came accross my Pontiac and thought, "Hey I gotta finish this" Hopefully this build thread hasn't halted!!!!!

K, give me a reason to finish mine up then...... Thanks Brad