Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Recommended Posts

Well after a 5 year break I have decided to start this bad habit agin. I thought my wife was going to shoot me becuse I have around 40 unbuilt kits already but when I saw this Firebomb for $26 bucks on ebay and also I built one when I was a kid in 76, so I was hooked. I look from time to time and they usually between $50 & $100. So I saved her some money. :D Thas what she would say to me if she bought somthing at a good price.

Any way I decide to keep it simple and just have fun so I do not get burnt out agin. I plain to buld it box stock but clean and move some stuff around to make it just a little different. The mock up below shows what I mean. I never liked the fire hose on the front so I am going to move the latter up and it back, and sence its back there I figuered it mad sence to put the gauge panal back there too, that leaves me room for the fire decals on both sides.

Wish me luck. Lazlow

Ps. one part is missing and one is broke off and gone so over in the want area I have posted hopfuly to find them. Ineed one of the big sirens and one side of the injecter stacks, and maby a copy off some ones directions so I can take it to a show if it comes out alright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool beans, and welcome back! That was one of my favorite kits when I was younger. Sorry, I don't have the parts you seek, but if worse comes to worse, you can swap the injector stacks, or go hog wild and add a supercharger! B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, thats what I was thinking, maby a stack of blowers that end up out the roof. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an update.

Been playing around with it some this week mostly sanding and sanding and sanding. This thing has a bunch of mold marks, including 18 injection points and the makers mark on the chassy alone. And after I got it all sanded I was curous about the hole in the rear fender well. At frist I thought it was factory but after going on line to look at the instructions thanks to Edsel-Dan I see there is not supposed to be a whole there. must have been an air bubble. any way I got a lot of painting done this week and hope to start the assembly this weekend.

I did cut the frame and post for the front leaf springs an 16th of an inch to give it a lower stance in the front, looks to be about a 4inch scale drop that should put it in the dust.

Edited by lazlow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that was disappointing. I thought I would do it a little different by useing Testors 1629 Ruby red Metallic over white primer but, it came out way to dark for a fire truck. So I wet sanded it and just shot some fire engein red on it and its not bad Started puting the rest together.

Ruby paint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...