Model Cars Magazine Forum

it's labatt's time 47 white COE and trailer (return to the bench)

they where custom built by smith brothers motorcoach in canada they are based on a white coe going next week to pickup all the plastic well more anyways then get my kids to show me how to get pictures off camera

Glad to be an inspiration,,,,along the way if you need any help in how to do something or some ideas just let me know....I dont have all the answers nor is the way I do things the only way... B)

Glad to be an inspiration,,,,along the way if you need any help in how to do something or some ideas just let me know....I dont have all the answers nor is the way I do things the only way... B)

Thank you, had to stop for coffee

Edited by b_lever1

Hi Bob...

Labatt's has two trucks they send out to car shows in the summertime....

This one, and a Keg Truck...

A close friend of mine get's the job of hauling them around .....

He and his Wife babysit the two trucks at the shows...

Did you know there was a Diecast produced of this very truck?...

Take care....

Bill...

Hi Bill thanks for the info I didn't know about the keg truck have your friend drop it off in my backyard we won't tell anyone. If it is possible could yuor friend get good detail pictures for me I will pay for them . I do have a request in the works with Labatts for pics of truck under restoration and also from Joe Scott the person who did the work. pm if your friend can do that,Thanks Make sure the kegs are full

post-6187-0-48148600-1367897478_thumb.jp

Edited by b_lever1

One thing I need help with learning to take my time

This is gonna be really cool. Id been wanting to build this exact truck for a few years but could never figure out where to start because of the extreme shapes involved...Ill be watching your progress on this one for sure.

This is gonna be really cool. Id been wanting to build this exact truck for a few years but could never figure out where to start because of the extreme shapes involved...Ill be watching your progress on this one for sure.

Thanhs Codie it is going to be a task but as kennb said take your time.I have being in contact with the Brewery about the restoration of the truck and they are getting the person whom restored it to send me as much info as can be found .It my not be perfect there is not much info so far example frame can get pictures so some peices may not be right but 'm using ideas from uor machines that I build at work

post-6187-0-59064900-1368408161_thumb.jppost-6187-0-79952900-1368408205_thumb.jpGot the okay from labatts to use their name on this a bit of a hassle (should read mail more often) Got some things done today parking brake frame plate, 5th wheel mounting plate,and some of front cross member

Thanhs Codie it is going to be a task but as kennb said take your time.I have being in contact with the Brewery about the restoration of the truck and they are getting the person whom restored it to send me as much info as can be found .It my not be perfect there is not much info so far example frame can get pictures so some peices may not be right but 'm using ideas from uor machines that I build at work

Projects like this one are definitely worth the time anf research in the end. The H61 Mack I scratchbuilt took me nearly two years on and off to finish, I had collected heaps of pics and even contacted the Mack museum who sent me out a gold mine of brochures and spec sheets which meant I could build the truck as close as possible to the real thing....I also did the same for my W71 I'm building....but I've lost interest in building lately and tucked them all away until I get the bug. again. Builds like yours definitely keep me interested and I hope we all get to see this get completed.