Model Cars Magazine Forum

The GT race car CBP(now open)

martinfan5

Minor update on BMW. Chassis is finished. Body painted VHT Hemi Orange and window trim done. Will need to clear, decal, then clear again. Trying to decide if I want to try to paint wheel centers gold or leave as is?

DSCN1107.jpgDSCN1108.jpgDSCN1118.jpgDSCN1119.jpgDSCN1109.jpg

I won't make a comment on each one, but man you guys are doing some nice work here. I've gotta jump in soon. I'm feeling like a real slacker. :D Keep the updates coming guys!

Well come on slacker :P ! Looking forward to seeing more of your skills.

Jeeze! How do you guys work so fast? I'm still looking for replacement decals for the Toyota, The ones I have are VERY Yellow. Who knows maybe I can try and salvage them and go heavy caking on dirt to try and cover them up.

Looking good!!!...

I'm sorry I have been kind of quiet but the past few days had been in bed drinking fluids and feeling like a peeled potato (Or maybe should I say "smashed").

No problem Juan. Glad you are feeling a little better.

Thanks guys, much better today (A whole 5lbs lighter, but much better)....

Oscar, your stuff looks good, better than you think, just keep pluggin' :)

Ken, the Porsche looks awesome!!!.

I finally made it to the hobby shop to get some paint... As usual, got out with new toys :P

photo-12_zpscf4754e6.jpg

Will try to catch up with the Pescarolo this week.

Ken, great work on the decals, the body looks great

Juan, glad to hear you are feeling better, nice kits you bought, I am watching a few of the NSX kits on ebay right now, and yeah, cant go wrong with the R34, I am very curious about the one you got, I built the none special edition of that kit,

I will be getting back to work on the Minolta this week, I need to get further along with the 50's olds first , I have to have it finished by the 15th of this month

I know this build doesn't qualify for this thread (By a week), but is probably the reason why we got the GT forum started... It is without a doubt the best one off my bench so far.

Just wanted to share it with you guys

photo-35_zpsdb29f276.jpg

photo-43_zpsbdbde8ff.jpg

Tasty looking rides my friend.

Small update on BMW. Got most of decals applied. Did them based on pictures I found on-line vs. what directions said. So I put numbers on doors instead of rear quarter. Let this dry overnight and put another coat or two of clear. Thanks for looking.

DSCN1253.jpg

Small update on BMW. Got most of decals applied. Did them based on pictures I found on-line vs. what directions said. So I put numbers on doors instead of rear quarter. Let this dry overnight and put another coat or two of clear. Thanks for looking.

DSCN1253.jpg

Man, I like this Oscar! That looks great! Looks better the way you did the decals.

Sweet work going on here guys.

Hope you're doing well Juan!

I got some paint laid down on that Calsonic yesterday, just a base coat though. It's gonna be a lot longer than planned, between Lara and school exams, getting a minute is tough. Once the body is finished the paint stage though I've no rush!

I'll get an update soon.

Can't wait to see that R34 Juan, it's from around the same year as my Calsonic I think.

Cheers!

WAIT!!!... Did you just said Lara???... As in Lara Croft???, I think I just found my missing sibling!!!... She was the one that got me trough 5 days of laying in bed with a fever IOI.

Cant wait to start with the Nissan... The friend that helped me with the Supra decals made one to die for.

Everyone is looking nice. Well done guys.

I'm finally able to start with the build. I used a sharp hobby knife to remove the buttons and switches to the center console and dashbord, sanded, and drilled very very small holes using a pin vise. Doing so will allow me to add aftermarket switches, buttons, etc. I also cut the hole in the passenger center air vent. A small hose/vent will go there. I'm using reference pictures from the internet for guidance.

dc23dfc1-ad55-46ae-a64a-27177700e791_zps

20130603_174625_zpsba638b7a.jpg

20130603_180506_zpsbe8b3691.jpg

20130604_161143_zpsc92a6c26.jpg

Edited by sportandmiah