Model Cars Magazine Forum

Egyptian Raider Pickup with Tomb Trailer

15 hours ago, slusher said:

Bummer, what side are you working on?

Carl, most of the body, finding sanding marks everywhere, still sanding and working on getting the engine to fit in the engine bay. It is hitting the exhaust manifold. Not wanting to make it obvious by taking to much away on the drivers side. Kinda shaving some of the exhaust manifold and the wall at the same time. Also the frame had a lot of sanding marks on it as well. Just going over it to make sure it is perfectly smooth. The De Ja Blue by testors one coat laquer is very dark and worried it will show any imperfections in the paint.

IMG_5608.jpg.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.jp

Also grafting on the roll pan, had a lot of touch up to get a smooth body. However at this point should be able to finally get to the color coats at the latest next week. I am shooting to make the fair in September, but putting a date I usually rush to get to the date and then short change it. So if it gets to a point that I am rushing it and will make it other than what I had in mind, I may just forget the fair contest this year and slow up on it. I want it to be the best I can make it.

4 hours ago, Darren B said:

Carl, most of the body, finding sanding marks everywhere, still sanding and working on getting the engine to fit in the engine bay. It is hitting the exhaust manifold. Not wanting to make it obvious by taking to much away on the drivers side. Kinda shaving some of the exhaust manifold and the wall at the same time. Also the frame had a lot of sanding marks on it as well. Just going over it to make sure it is perfectly smooth. The De Ja Blue by testors one coat laquer is very dark and worried it will show any imperfections in the paint.

Darren, you have time before Sept but with work will be here before you know it. I would do what your doing and by taking some of both to get the engine in. I enjoy watching your builds and have really liked this one. 

1 hour ago, slusher said:

Darren, you have time before Sept but with work will be here before you know it. I would do what your doing and by taking some of both to get the engine in. I enjoy watching your builds and have really liked this one. 

Thanks Carl. I do have time and a lot of people can build a contest quality model by that time. My time is very limited with home life and working nights. I am gonna just keep chipping away at it, and If I do not add anymore to it should be ready by mid August.

On 5/24/2018 at 8:20 PM, slusher said:

Very nice color..

Thank you very much, I used the gold glitter paint under the de ja vue blue and I like it a lot better than just metallic gold....

IMG_5883.jpg.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.jp

IMG_5891.jpg.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.jp

it is one of those effects that look so much richer and better in person than in photos.....

On 6/3/2018 at 10:19 PM, Modelbuilder Mark said:

Looks like you are making some serious progress now!

Modelbuilder Mark, getting a lot more done now that I dug it out of the box after a two year hiatus. More to come soon.

Edited by Darren B