Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

1969 Camaro hood.

10 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Is there anyone who make the the 69 Camaro hood with no cowl? Flat hood?

Posted · Report post

Tommy, IF you can find the hood from the AMT 67/68 Camaro's, the can be slighty modded to fit the Revell 69 Camaro. They fit nice.

Posted · Report post

Hm,yeah i`ll try look and see what i can find.

Posted · Report post

Hart's Parts Resin makes (what appears to be a re-pop of the) a resin AMT '68 Camaro hood, if you can't find a styrene hood.

Posted · Report post

Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland has what you need. Part number SRD 7103, goes for $9.95. Fits the Revell 69 Camaro kits.

Posted · Report post

Hart's Parts Resin makes (what appears to be a re-pop of the) a resin AMT '68 Camaro hood, if you can't find a styrene hood.

Thanks! I took a look but it does not seem to be flat.

Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland has what you need. Part number SRD 7103, goes for $9.95. Fits the Revell 69 Camaro kits.

Thank you. Do these guys have a website? I only found some fotki accounts when i tried google it.

Posted · Report post

Thanks! I took a look but it does not seem to be flat.

The standard '67-'69 hood wasn't truly flat, and not nearly as plain as some other "standard" hoods of the era:

MomsMaro-vi.jpg

In all honesty, of R&MCoMD has the hood, you should buy it there. The quality will be excellent, but they don't have a website so you'll need to pick up the phone or mail in your order. Their contact info is listed here: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=71864

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the info. Yes i notice now the hood arent flat at all. maby i mistake it for the 67-68? I recently did win the 68 Camaro from AMT on ebay. It look very flat in comparison to the 69 stock hood.

Posted · Report post

The 67,68, and 69 hoods are ALL interchangeable, I know, I had a 69 Camaro till I gave it to my daughter. They ALL have the sculpture lines near the edges and in the center. they are exactly the SAME. The 1st Generation did NOT have a completely FLAT hood.

Posted · Report post

Tommy, I've found that if you add TWO strips of .10 thous, plastic sheet it the BACK edge of the 67/68 AMT Camaro's hood, it will fit the Revell 69 body very nicely. It's VERY easy to do.