Model Cars Magazine Forum

993 Rauh Welt Porsche Resin Kit

brandolsx

They look like the rims may not be deep enough. particularly the rear rims. The biggest issue though is they are only 16" diameter where as the 993 GT2 is18".

These are the Scale Production rims shown on another forum.

Yeah, I see what you are saying, Ill keep an eye out and see if scale productions post these. Thanks for the information!

That trunk lid looks awesome. Although is it considered the cars hood since the trunk is up front? :huh:

Lets just go with bonnet like the Brits call it! B)

Edited by brandolsx

• 1 month later...

Alright I haven't posted an update in a long time on this car and it's about time! A lot of progress has been made lately. I switch to the "Number One" Car scheme. I ordered a 964 and will be doing to the signal green color on that model. I completed the wheels. I couldn't find any machined parts to use so I picked up some C1 Models Metalizer. This stuff is amazing, you simply paint a base coat and buff on the powder. After buffed it turns out great! I don't need to explain too much, the photos will do justice:

IMG_1240_zps9f7a9d0c.jpg

IMG_1241_zps21a709f5.jpg

IMG_1321_zps2822a157.jpg

IMG_1322_zps00fbb3a4.jpg

IMG_1360_zpse82a00ad.jpg

IMG_1361_zps2cb803bb.jpg

You're body is looking great and its sitting on the chassis right too. Its not the easiest of bodies to work with.

C1s metalizer does work well. You can rub it over their suggested black or use other colors for different effects.

You're body is looking great and its sitting on the chassis right too. Its not the easiest of bodies to work with.

C1s metalizer does work well. You can rub it over their suggested black or use other colors for different effects.

Thanks Ron! You are right. There is a lot of working this one. I'm pretty excited how this one is coming out. I have another kit I'm building where I want to make the wheels almost a rosey silver color. I am hoping if I lay a base of red down that metalizer with show through some of the red. I'll do a test run first.

Well, I finally finished this car this weekend. It turned out great and am very happy with it. I definitely learned a lot working with this resin kit and am happy I have the 964 version still to do. That one will turn out even better. There is a lot of modifying and making sure EVERYTHING fits before final painting. This is KEY. Pardon the photos below for the dust on the car. At then end I noticed there was two tabs in the back where the taillight lens goes. I have to grind this and thought I got all the dust off the car. But photos are unforgiving and catch all these details. The decals didn't sit too nice on this car either. You can see the square cut out around the "Number One" decal. Thanks for looking!

DSC_0156_zpsa69a2713.jpg

DSC_0151_zpscbedfa09.jpg

DSC_0149_zps1812c7fb.jpg

DSC_0147_zps9f235def.jpg

DSC_0146_zpsd4a0d410.jpg

DSC_0145_zpsfc957bff.jpg

DSC_0142_zps796f999e.jpg