Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/32 Scale Texaco Station

downtowndeco

First time poster. I am building a slot car layout & needed a gas station. This is scratch built using foamcore & styrene. I'd say it's about half finished. I still need to finish the office, add lights (including a neon "OPEN" sign) & sound. Hope you like what I've got done so far.

post-12964-0-03879900-1387431746_thumb.j

Great work Randy. I work mostly in 1/32 scale as well and I can really appreciate the detail and clean building results. It's not easy to get that kind of detail in this smaller scale.

My hat's off to you!

Can we see some pictures of your slot car layout.... even if only in progress?

Tony

I'm starting on the lobby interior. I made the soda cooler & counter out of styrene & then printed up some maps & posters. The cardboard stand up is the Texaco Man : ) I still need to make some displays for the counter, a cash register & perhaps a rack of snacks. I don't want to go totally crazy on the lobby interior because most of it will not show in the end anyway. That was one of the things I learned when I worked in L.A. as a scenic artist, never waste time on things that won't show on camera. : ) Notice how through the lobby windows just a hint of an interior sells it as being completely detailed.
texaco009_zpsf1ba0b71.jpg
texaco023_zps266e3385.jpg
texaco016_zpse6cefcd0.jpg

I added a rack of snacks. I found an image of a shelf of chips, printed out a couple sets of them, and "layered" them to create depth.
texaco004_zps3b2d8865.jpg

I did that with this one. It's 1`/87th scale.

misc003-1.jpg

This is the interior of the off sale at Not Quite Mr. Roger's Neighborhood.

http://s8.photobucket.com/user/mercman51/library/HO%20buildings/Mr%20Rogers%20Neighborhood?sort=3&page=1