Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Ferrari 360 Modena

AgRacer

Almost there. Those side windows were a PITA to get in. Had to tape them in and then glue in place. Rear view mirror was not fun either.

DSC_2453.JPG

I would finish tonight but I had to re-glue the rear view mirror as it fell off when I was cleaning the clear parts. Don't want it to fall off after I put n the body!

DSC_2454.JPG

DSC_2455.JPG

DSC_2456.JPG

The model looks great but I have a question about your spray booth. How loud is that Dayton blower? I'm about to build a booth & I'm glad you said something about that HVAC fan. I was considering one, for mine. That would have been a waste of money, trying to save money.

The model looks great but I have a question about your spray booth. How loud is that Dayton blower? I'm about to build a booth & I'm glad you said something about that HVAC fan. I was considering one, for mine. That would have been a waste of money, trying to save money.

Tough to say. It's not what I would call ear plug loud, but it's not exactly quite either. You can have a conversation in a normal tone of voice standing 5-feet from the fan.

Also, I would consider one of those spray booths on amazon before I build another one. The blowers are close to $200 now and by the time you pay for that, the flex hose, cabinet material, time...etc...you've spent more money than if you bought the paasche replica off e-bay from which seem to get really good reviews.

Unless you have some excess materials laying around and a line on a good but cheap blower that is rated to give you 100 feet per minute across your opening? The transition from the square blower outlet to a round flex duct is also a pain.

I had the blower, transition, and flex duct from my original build 10+ years ago before Amazon had everything you could possibly want to buy.

Very nice looking!

Just wanted to let you know that the yellow you wanted to buy for this is Giallo Modena. That's the Ferrari yellow we all know and love. :)

There are actually several. The BRIGHT yellow from ScaleFinishes is 4305 Giallo Modena. I first got the 102 Giallo