Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello All & greetings from Brooklyn

Don't mean this the way it sounds but... you guys are my last hope! I have finally gotten to my wits end and don't know where else to go.

I have been searching High/Low for a set of tires and wheels and have ended up only throwing money away. So, my hope is that some here knows - or knows a guy who knows a guy... ...

I am planning a build of a 1:25 '49 Merc... top chopped - 2Dr coupe. Now herein lies my problem, I want to put a big wide set of Mickey Thompson Sportsman Pro Street tires up under the rear end. And... I'd like to do this without raising the lowered stance of the car any more than absolutely necessary.

But the problem is this... I can't find the tires/wheels. I didn't want to have to buy another kit just to take out the tires and be left with something I'll probably never finish.

I've tried ordering a set of resin tires from a company which to be nice - should probably not be in business if what they sent me is what passes for acceptable product to them. I ended up getting a set from Don at Reliable Resin but they are still not the big huge tires I'm looking for, Don has a bigger set but I'd really like to see if I can find them in rubber first.

So why question is: Can anyone point a guy in the right direction? If anyone has / seen / heard of / think that they might have once read... {something/anything}

Edited by Kit-Builder

Welcome, i too have been lookin for the same tires, just like the 1s from the cornet/super bee kit, and have done what you dont want, bought the kit just to bash it. You are in a very good place to search, and get help. Good luck, if i come across a set i will help you out

Edited by Petetrucker07