Model Cars Magazine Forum

Four 1\32 trailers for my 1\25 trucks!

Hi, since I'm not a scratch builder for now so i decided to buy a 1\32 trailers and use my imagination to develop this projects . I bought Two 1\24 Italeri 20 ft container and two 1\32 esci 20 ft container trailers.IMG_5001_zpsc80abe5c.jpg

I use the container box to measure to cut and stretch the trailer chassis.IMG_5002_zps595a0be2.jpg

Here is the two chassis, I also stretch the rear of the original trailer is not a good idea but is work for me.

IMG_5003_zps289e6320.jpg

And tha last one my 1\32 trailer semi button dump trailer and my GMC single rear junkyard truck.

IMG_5030_zpsf9ebe9b6.jpg

IMG_5031_zps4be7ee20.jpg

IMG_5032_zpsc438d36b.jpg

hope that I can finish at list two until Christmas :D .

I'm open to suggestions with this four is going to be my 12 build so hope you like it.

Thanks for looking.

This idea is just crazy enough to work..... :D The container trailers are coming along nicely, and the belly dump actually, looks good.....Weird how it all looks "right".... Who's to say one trailer manufacturer has to build their trailer to the specs of others....It all looks great to me....

Thanks T.J. Yeah the grain trailer looks weird, I'm think it needs some changes probably use the dremel tool to tear apart an use a stake bed stretch and how it looks. The trailer boogie I can use a pvc tube and make a gasoline trailer but this is gone be for a future project. I have around fourty kits that I collected and I'm planning to build. When I finish those three I'm going to star with the amt mail trailer project with a few changes.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking this chassis there was something bathers me in the way that it looks so I decided to eliminate the rears that I add to the rear trailer and it look way better.

IMG_5091_zps4c2458fd.jpg

An now

IMG_5103_zps22a413a9.jpg

IMG_5102_zps159c089f.jpg

I'm open to suggestion, critics, etc. Thanks for looking and I'm going to keep posting until it's finished!!

• 5 months later...

Hi there, has been a while since I post any progress. I decided to finish just three of the four trailers science the grain trailer looks out of scale. so tomorrw i hope to upload the crappy Photos of this fun projects. See you tomorow.

jesus

Jesus,

i like the idea for the container trailer. I used to work for a construction company that had several 10x10 and 15x 15 cantainers used for storage on job sites.

They were just a bit smalled all the way around than a regular container box if you had cut it down.

For your graintrailer. I think I would add a support in the middle for the tarp.

Cool projects.

be Well

Gator

Thank's Marc They are almost ready to put in the underglass. It's getting great Ray this is my first experience in cutting and extend these trailers, is being a good lerning experience to work on these trailer and ike the way trey are right now, not perfect but I like it.