Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi from the Netherlands; back from 1:1 via 1:43 to 1:20?! :)

Hi,

Martin here.

Recently found a really nice 'familycar': a 1969 Ford Clubwagon Chateau; went to Syracuse/NY to have a look at it & brought it home to the Netherlands... complete story here,

Already found a nice metal 1:43 from the James Bond series....

$_1.JPG

My kids really like building 'stuff' from Lego, like the VW T1 Splitty. Oldest son is also already into plastic kits, mainly warplanes so far.

When I was his age, I built/painted quite some too, but also cars, US Trucks & boats.

So, building an Econoline/Club Wagon 1:20 together is the next challenge & hopefully we can match the 1:1 as close as possible!

Will post it in the 'wanted' section.

Thanks for any help + best regards,

Martin

mpcvan.jpg

Edited by MartinGTE

Hi Martin, great to have another dutchie here! I haven't seen that Econoline before, is it a nice kit to build?

Lucas.

Hi Lucas!

There's only about 20 Econolines '68-'74 in the Netherlands, so makes sense that you never saw one before. Same for me, but a friend told me to have a look at it & really liked it. To the point that I bought one in the States and now drive it overhere! :)

Never seen the kit either though, but what I get from other reviews is that it is pretty detailed (not too difficult with 1/20 scale!) and also working suspension.

see here:

+ regards,

Martin

Edited by MartinGTE

• 4 months later...