Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram 1/12 `67 Corvette 427

Hawk312

Yep. Just another one of these. I`ve built probably a half dozen of these or more so far. This one took about 6 months to build. The stinger is painted on, no decals used. There are probably about 10 coats of clear, wet-sanded and buffed. I added a period correct window sticker, and a correct "FM reception" label to the radio. I also scratch built the regulator and wiring on the driver`s side fender well. "Text" was added to the hoses and spark plug wires. The frame has accurate chalk markings.

Let me know what you think!

black67-2-1.jpg

black67-2-3.jpg

black67-2-2.jpg

black67-2-5.jpg

black67-2-4.jpg

black67-2-7.jpg

black67-2-engine.jpg

black67-2-window.jpg

Flawless Finish!! Black cars can be so difficult to do.......but your paint looks perfect! :unsure:

I always like the tapered tail look of those Mid Year 'Vettes, as opposed to the boxy flat rear end of today's version, albeit a beautiful car!

Hopefully the next Gen (C7?) won't be so upright in the rear.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i just dug a 1/12 57 chevy and a 1/8 65 vette stingray out of my parents' storage. both will be dissasembled and cleaned up to start over fresh.

what do you use for the coolant hoses and other details for this big of a scale?

Really, just different size electrical wires like you would find at Radio Shack or an electronics store. I`ve accumulated a few spools of different sizes over the years, which have come in handy.