Model Cars Magazine Forum

Phat 60 Chebbie

MikeMc

Hey Vato Locos :P :P :o :o But its low Mon.....Yep but its gonna be Phat...348 motivation....I think the colors planned will work....,started the motor after getting the ride mocked up. Thanks to Tonio for the wheel swap...love the rear sidewalls :D;)

and I even tried taller tires in the front :o >:( >:P no way...I think this will work. I lowered the rear springs by 1 coil and used the custom front spindles, cut off for wheel clearance....and cut off the spare tire well in the chassis, filled it in....

IMG_1570.jpg

IMG_1569.jpg

IMG_1568.jpg

IMG_1572.jpg

Edited by Stasch

Really not a lot to show for all the time spent, but the little things do count..like the hood...gaps were awful, now there just bad :lol: but a lot better.

The suspension on these 60s cruisers just scream to be lowered and freshened with tasteful wheels and tires. The wheels I'm using (again) are from Pegasis and box wise they claim to be 23" and 19" while scalewise they work out to 20" and 17"..to me just right. The tires in the rear are not stock but aftermarket.The front are stock low profile Pegasis. I really did try tires similar to the rear...but looked too darn fat :lol: ..so went with these...little too skinny:o .... I have everything in primer now, motor is assembled and painted, getting ready for colors now....it will be different, but tastefully gaudy :P

More to come......................................

This is my buddys '56 Hot Rod Olds.....Stock, lowered ( no air bags ) wheels and tires ....

IMG_1085.jpg

Edited by Stasch

Not a lot of pics, ;D but I really am workin on it. ::lol: ::) Built the motor, and painted.Got the chassis, suspension cut, painted.

Workin on the interior and general paint...The tutone is done, now for a little more "POP"...that paint is too plain for a good lowrider... Its HOK Hot Pink Pearl over a Linen White base.....So now I'm gonna go PEARL on it !! ::) even though I'm old , skinny , and white :o ;D

IMG_1575.jpg

IMG_1574.jpg

IMG_1573.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

IMG_1578.jpg

Thanks Virgil..I wasn't too sure about "Hot Pink Pearl"...With the linen white it was ....a lot!

The pictures do not show the subtleness of the pink and silver pearls on the white...it does make the pink pop!!

Yet the top does have a lotta pop now.

Hi !!!

Your chebbie goes cooler and cooler !!!

How do you made the interieur??? the red stripes looks great !!!

greets juergen

Thanks juergen...I wish I could tell you of countless hours carefully masking and spraying. The real truth is the red interior panels are the factory kit decals!!

The only "oob" detail that I have on this build is the fuel line from the pump to the fuel rail up top...just lotsa paint!! :P:huh:

I did use BMF on the speaker grills and ashtrays.......

Edited by Stasch

IMG_1617.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg

IMG_1596.jpg

Not sure about those wheels....dark spokes..?? satin not chrome.. ??:lol: :lol:

If you want an opinion, Leave the wheels chrome. After seeing the foil and once the rest of the chrome goes on it will tie those wheels in very nicely!! :lol: Just my opinion. However this is turning out very nice! Great work so far. Been following this build and love the progress. Good luck on the finish!!

If you want an opinion, Leave the wheels chrome. After seeing the foil and once the rest of the chrome goes on it will tie those wheels in very nicely!! :lol: Just my opinion. However this is turning out very nice! Great work so far. Been following this build and love the progress. Good luck on the finish!!

Thanks Bill...I've been leaning the same way....with all the bling...why hide the wheels :lol: :lol: