Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Odd Couple

TheCat

Here's two completely different vehicles that were at the top of their game in their time.

A 1937 CORD 812 with a 1968 Pontiac Firebird 400 Ram Air:

The 1937 CORD 812 that I built here is the old Monogram kit circa 1965. The 68 Firebird was built and painted to represent the one that Chip Foose built in his TV Show "Overhaulin". I hope you enjoy the pictures a much as I enjoyed building them.

CORD_Pontiac-00-m.jpg

CORD_Pontiac-01-m.jpg

CORD_Pontiac-02-m.jpg

CORD_Pontiac-03-m.jpg

About half of this thread got lost in the move of the server, so I'll repeat some info I posted on Wednesday.

It was asked why there was only one silver quarter panel on the Firebird, and the answer is that it's that way on both sides (I found another site with multiple pictures of this build).

A question was also asked about the car's tie-in with Overhaulin'. Felix says he was inspired by Foose's paint design; For anyone who's interested, it was featured on Season 3, episode 25, April 25, 2006. Called "Uncle Sam's Nephew," the project was undertaken as a surprise for a Marine who had served three tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan. The program can be found in a dubbed Spanish version:

http://www.tu.tv/videos/overhaulin-pontiac-firebird-69

(I'm sure Felix didn't attempt to replicate all the stuff they did to that car. If so, he'd still be working on it.)