Model Cars Magazine Forum

My Little Cj Drag Jeep

Darrell Gwinn

Ok, yet another idea of mine... The main thing i have to figure out is how to fit that hemi in there with out butchering anything too much.. ahh. Itll work, i know it will! ha ill need some help on figuring out what type of paint to get, i want it to be a flat green color like an old army jeep, gloss just wouldnt have the right look im lookin for. any suggestions? I plan on havin the Hemi be blown and I have a plastic bullet that im gonna use for the injector hat. Ill get a pic of that once i mock it up, it should be pretty neat. Ive already chopped the window frame, it looked to tall before.

p1010007-1.jpg

p1010006-2.jpg

Somehow....

p1010009.jpg

Ok heres the injector hat idea, ill have to shorten it up just a bit.

p1010011-1.jpg

Edited by Dirk

Dirk, I like this idea. I think I may be able to help on the paint issue. Not all of the old Army jeeps were flat in color, some of them had just a hint of a shine to them. I think you could get away with using a gloss green that is the right shade, and spray a semigloss clearcoat over top of it. I think it should work out for you.

Dirk,

I really like where you're going with this one!

The paint should be easy. Testors makes a full like of flat military colors that are available in spray cans and bottles.

Thanks for sharing,

Hey thanks! I think Im gonna focus on this project for now cause the more I look at it the more awesome I think it is. Im usually in the dark when it comes to paint since all im used to seeing is what ever Wal Mart has in stock and thats just the generic colors.