Model Cars Magazine Forum

When To Apply Bmf?

m408

Before clear coat or after? If future is used after BMF, will it dull the shine?

I prefer to apply BMF after clearcoating my paint job. I don't use Future, as I prefer to apply several light clearcoats and wet sand between each. I polish the last coat and apply BMF right before installing the glass. I don't like the look of a clear coat over BMF whether it's Future or paint. It seems to join the paint and trim in an unnatural way. I like the trim and paint to have different textures. BUT, that's just my opinion. Do whatever YOU think looks best. :lol:

I think depends on the type of trim. What I do is bare metal foil all the raise trim like the eblems and the trim above the side windows first, primer and paint over them and rub the paint off these high areas after. But for trim that sits more flush with metal parts like the trim around front and back windshields, I use bare metal foil on these areas last.