Model Cars Magazine Forum

Drag Racing Build Off

evilone

Well thanks guys.... I hope I don't regret this....

So, my idea is this: The reincarnation of the Hemi Under Glass.... Millenium style!

Based on the AMT/Model King re-issue of the '66 Barracuda, Hemi Under Glass.

This one though, hopefully - with a twist.

The plan is to build it SPORTSMAN style:

Body is the 66 'cuda from the AMT kit, chassis, tub section and suspension - TBD, I'm thinking either from a Revell Berretta Pro Street or the re-issue of the '55 Chevy Sportsman (aka Carpenter 55) and the motor.... is going to be a "crate engine" and I'll post pics of it once "delivered"!

http://public.fotki.com/DrewC2/66-cuda---hemi-unde/

Sorry - I had issues loading a single image so you can check out the fotki page....

Well I got some work done the Bee, had to take a step back on the body though, ran out of the Purple flake and I missed the front valanceunder the bumper, so its going to be orange. its sitting out in the bay at work drying, hopefully I can work with it later on tonight. Got the chassis almost done, the rear suspension is giving me problems though, the right rear shock came out of its hole so its kinda hard to see where it went because its black like the axle, front suspension is donewith wheels mounted. Engine is almost done being painted and assembled. the interior I'm not too happy with, i spray painted it black but I forgot I had some flat paints with me so now I think that it will go in the purple pond. I will post pics as soon as I can. Havent taken many on for it though. Well I'm off to try to get some sleep.

Later,

Edited by jones_clayton

I depends on what type of system you want you could either go for a plate system under the carb or direct port where 1 line goes into each intake runner. I know the two bottles will need to be plumbed into 1 line, go to a solenoid then split to eight for the direct port or stay one line for the plate.

Well im not totally sure since ive hardly ever got into much small detail on models until now, but if i were to make it id just used some sheet plastic for the plate then find some ends to put on the side(not sure what would be small enough to use for ends) then use the right guage wire for the lines. but thats just coming from me, maybe ask some of the older builders!

Use some sheet styrene to make a plate..keep in mind you dont need the cutout in the center. Size id use is around .60 thickness, which you can some needle drill bits and can drill out the nitrous line fitting holes. and use some guitar strings for the nitrous line.

If you need styrene look for ''for sale'' signs or any of those type of signs at walmart or a hardware store. Its styrene..

Well here is what I did last night.

I got the chassis put together

Picture014.jpg

I think that with a shot of clear and some future, it will look good.

Clay,

Those are some serious F~~~ing meats!! :D

I'm glad that this is only a model building contest and not a drag race or I'd have to concede at the starting line. Which reminds me, I still haven't taken mine out of the celophane yet! :lol:

Clay,

Those are some serious F~~~ing meats!! :D

I'm glad that this is only a model building contest and not a drag race or I'd have to concede at the starting line. Which reminds me, I still haven't taken mine out of the celophane yet! :lol:

Well I think that you better hurry up, only got.... I don't even know how long this thing is.

Oh well, I need some sleep, but I doubt thats gonna happen. Need to clean up.

Well I think that you better hurry up, only got.... I don't even know how long this thing is.

Oh well, I need some sleep, but I doubt thats gonna happen. Need to clean up.

Well, this certainly won't be the first model contest that I ever lost! :D:lol::D

Sleep? I thought that active duty Marines NEVER sleep. :D

My bench is in dire need of a good cleaning, but it doubt that'll happen until after the NNL West. :D

Well, this certainly won't be the first model contest that I ever lost! :D:lol::D

Sleep? I thought that active duty Marines NEVER sleep. :D

My bench is in dire need of a good cleaning, but it doubt that'll happen until after the NNL West. :D

We sleep as much as we can because we know that later on we won't be getting much sleep anyway