Model Cars Magazine Forum

Drag Racing Build Off

evilone

This would be my project if I'm allowed to join in.

DSC05956-vi.jpg

This is a late model Monte Carlo funny car resin body to allow me to build Tommy Johnson's blue Skoal funny car. The base kit is the Revell Mcdonald's Firebird funny car along with a slew of resin parts to update the build to current day standards. This picture simply shows the body mocked up on an unbuilt chassis.

This would be my project if I'm allowed to join in.

DSC05956-vi.jpg

This is a late model Monte Carlo funny car resin body to allow me to build Tommy Johnson's blue Skoal funny car. The base kit is the Revell Mcdonald's Firebird funny car along with a slew of resin parts to update the build to current day standards. This picture simply shows the body mocked up on an unbuilt chassis.

Wayne..

where are the decals coming from??

Nice.. I have a MC Body.

Please, sir. I'd like to join, but I'm not ready to begin yet. Please? I'm pretty sure I can finish within the time limit.

:-)

I have to wrap up another project before I can start this. (Gosh, I don't even have an avatar in place yet)

Thanks,

Rick

Please, sir. I'd like to join, but I'm not ready to begin yet. Please? I'm pretty sure I can finish within the time limit.

:-)

I have to wrap up another project before I can start this. (Gosh, I don't even have an avatar in place yet)

Thanks,

Rick

since im feeling good today and not pissed off at any models sure why not your in

I am revising my original entry.... My entry post stated the chassis and tub from the 55 Chevy Sportsman.

That, has been chnaged. I have decided to go with the Berreta chassis, roll cage and front suspension. The rear tub (I'm almost too embarassed to say) is from an old Snap kit Firebird....

DSC02368.jpg

DSC02367.jpg

DSC02370.jpg

DrewC

Here is my intial layout of parts. Revell McDonald's Firebird kit, resin Monte Carlo body, assorted resin parts, aluminum wheels and Comp. Resins tires, to start with.

DSC07736-vi.jpg

DSC07737-vi.jpg

DSC07738-vi.jpg

Look Raul...someone else is just as sick as I am

thanx Wayne, at least I've got company

I'm not even going to attempt to cut thru Comptition Resin's body for my Brut funnycar...it's gotta be at least 1/8" - 3/16" thick

I've only got so many #11's

you've got a good project goin'...lookin' forward to seeing it come along

guess I'd better get back to playin' with the resin beast

c'ya

curt

Well I finally got a little more progress. i had to switch to a fox body beacuse my dog got ahold of my shelby. :rolleyes: But now off to a fresh start. Basic chassis with moved front A-arms into the wheel wells. Cut out inner fenders and cleaned up hope to put a cowl hood on.

000_0710.jpg

000_0709.jpg

000_0708.jpg

000_0707.jpg

Edited by Turbokid

Here is my intial layout of parts. Revell McDonald's Firebird kit, resin Monte Carlo body, assorted resin parts, aluminum wheels and Comp. Resins tires, to start with.

DSC07737-vi.jpg

Ok I would Like to Know abut the rims.. what where How Much??? those Look wicked especially with the Bead Locks..

Dwayne

I am revising my original entry.... My entry post stated the chassis and tub from the 55 Chevy Sportsman.

That, has been chnaged. I have decided to go with the Berreta chassis, roll cage and front suspension. The rear tub (I'm almost too embarassed to say) is from an old Snap kit Firebird....

DSC02370.jpg

DrewC

Now thats different and Original.. I Like that ,, Using the HUG Body ..and tubbing it..

Thumbs Up..

Man I have to finish My Box stock Build so I can do Johnny Grays Wonder wagon just to be able to Play with you Guys..

Ok I would Like to Know abut the rims.. what where How Much??? those Look wicked especially with the Bead Locks..

Dwayne

The rims are machined aluminum from a company called Pro Trac. I don't have a web site for them but you can find everything on Ebay under Slot car accessories. Here is a link to one of the better dealers that sells a lot of cool wheels.

http://stores.ebay.com/Fast-Eddies-World-o...5QQftidZ2QQtZkm

They are not as expensive as one might think. A set of fronts usually runs about $11 or $12 dollars and the rears are about $19 to $20. The beadlocks average around $6 bucks and come in different colors such as gold and anodized red.

The rims are machined aluminum from a company called Pro Trac. I don't have a web site for them but you can find everything on Ebay under Slot car accessories. Here is a link to one of the better dealers that sells a lot of cool wheels.

They are not as expensive as one might think. A set of fronts usually runs about $11 or $12 dollars and the rears are about $19 to $20. The beadlocks average around $6 bucks and come in different colors such as gold and anodized red.

Thanks.. Looking them up Now..!!!!!

Now thats different and Original.. I Like that ,, Using the HUG Body ..and tubbing it..

Thumbs Up..

Man I have to finish My Box stock Build so I can do Johnny Grays Wonder wagon just to be able to Play with you Guys..

Dwayne... thanks for the "thumbs up"!... Now if I can finish this, that will be another story!

OK, I finally removed the cellophane and opened the box. No real progress, yet. I ordered a '64 Ford Fairlane T-Bolt book from Amazon that should be here by the end of the week.

For anyone who doesn't know what a 64 T-Bolt looks like, here's a few of pictures:

define-1964-ford-thunderbolt-1.jpg define-1964-ford-thunderbolt-2.jpg

define-1964-ford-thunderbolt-5.jpgdefine-1964-ford-thunderbolt-3.jpg

Mike will look pretty much like this one except for the wheels.

Later,