Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC Dukes of Hazzard General Lee

Vincent631

Hey now, I started these projects way back in 2013. They still are not done!!!!

MPC Dukes of Harrard General Lee. -Body needs back panel painted flat black, needs all trim painted silver, wheels need to be painted aluminum then semi-gloss black between wheel spokes.

AMT Bigfoot Monster truck- Fully painted. Stuck on #23A frame assembley. This is very hard to fit each side of the frame, the back of the cab and the back window. I can't get past this step, this model is 100% painted ready to go.

AMT 1970 Camaro Z28- This was to keep me busy while paint dried and I was stuck on the other two.

I really want to get these done!! Any tricks to painting the stainless/chrome trim around the windows? I do a decent job painting the body only to have to HAND paint silver. I try my best masking it up with tape but, it always gets where I dont want. Then, I have to go and rub it off with compound and start over. I am stuck on these three kits over the past few years! The next day I have off of work is this Sunday, will I ever finish the General Lee

v2wsnt.jpg

30awcg0.jpg

1zfhbw6.jpg

21k095d.jpg

10paslh.jpg

2v190nd.jpg

141qvqq.jpg

2mh6bl1.jpg

I did the Bigfoot kit as my second model.... I had the exact same problem. I can't remember how I ended up doing it or if it even turned out well, I just remember that part being a beast. That's also the point at which I learned CA fogs windows. Persevere!