Model Cars Magazine Forum

Work VS Hobby

Getting back to building for about the 3rd time over 6 years is alot of work. 1st] move all my kits from basement to second floor ,even selling 350 kits over that span left me with more than twice that to move. 2nd] get my Fotki account back to premium

3rd] go through paints and building materials to find out its mostly bad. 4th] re set this forum password so I can post, and try to look at all the cool stuff thats been done. 5th] up date the laptop [been using the phone instead of the laptop] and update Fotki with kit pictures which I still need to take. 6th] Try to complete some of the builds I started a few years back. The company I work for was sold and new owner gave us 20 plus year over the road drivers the option to drive local and I jumped on it . It started the first of the year and I'm home every day , so maybe its for real this time. I sure missed alot over that span

and Model Cars forum has changed but I'm getting the hang of it. Now I need to remember how to build.

My home office is in the same room as my hobby bench and custom spray booth. I look at it every time I walk in to start work. It's hard. I literally haven't touched anything model related in close to 2 months. I do buy stuff time to time, but it gets dumped on the bench and back to work. I usually will build for a couple months, then no building for 3-6 months at a time. Definitely less than I'd like too, but I have a kid and a new business to take care of.

That's really cool that you get to stay local. I was working for my dad's company and 10-12 hour days with a new baby meant no personal time. It's a huge relief to be able to come home at the end of the day and at least relax a little.

With a background in household / office&industrial moving we were one of 3 companies awarded the installation of Redbox in 48 states along with coinstar machines. I'm having a blast looking at all the fantastic builds and work in progress. I found a few kits I started and will start work on them this week when I can get to the last hobby shop in my area that still in business.

Congrats getting off the road. I know that OTR is a tuff career.I have been driving since I was 25 years old and have 3 years to go before I retire.The Chicago area has always had a lot of local work. So I have been a local LTL driver for 38 years (OUCH !!!! )

Again Congrats. Looking forward to see your models

Mike