Model Cars Magazine Forum

Congrats, Blair Pletcher!

Congrats, Blair. B)

But why not submit some of your work to us? ;)

Personally speaking I had one of my builds photoed at a show and then submitted to the mag,nothing ever came of any of the pics that were submitted. Also the guy that submitted them never heard back from you guys either. Just sayin. :unsure:

Edited by Austin T

Well obviously we can't use everything. But if you submit material to us, odds are it will get into the magazine.

Remember... we are the magazine for car modelers... by car modelers. Literally. Our content is based on people who submit material to us. We don't have people "on staff," we rely on you guys for the magazine's content. We are always happy to feature the work of people who have never been in a magazine before.

you know Harry, that takes a bit of ego many here do not possess: to submit models for publication. Might get rejected or ignored and then never bother again.

could I suggest that you or someone with the magazine peruse the "Under Glass" section and make a habit of soliciting those who post there whose models you think come up to the necessary standard, to submit their photos to you at the magazine? That would solve a lot of problems and give you folks an unending source of material for the magazine. maybe even have a "From the Website" feature every month where 2 or 3 submitted cars are spotlighted. pick the builds, send the posters an invite to submit to the magazine via PM and wait for the photos to pour in. I would bet it would cause a lot more folks to post photos there too if it were possible they would then be invited to send photos in for publication.

I certainly know I would jump at the chance. as it is now though I would not just start bombarding you at the mag with photos on the off chance you might like something enough to publish it. I would like to be invited to do so instead.

just a thought

by the way, congrats Blair, its always a charge to see your work in a magazine.

jb

Edited by jbwelda

That's kinda how I am. I feel like I'm a good builder, but I'm modest. If someone feels my build is magazine worthy that's great, but I'm not going to spam anyone with loads of pictures. If a build of mine is deemed worthy of magazine print then I'll pull out my real camera instead of using my phone, and put up a white background and take good pictures to the best of my abilities.

could I suggest that you or someone with the magazine peruse the "Under Glass" section and make a habit of soliciting those who post there whose models you think come up to the necessary standard, to submit their photos to you at the magazine? That would solve a lot of problems and give you folks an unending source of material for the magazine. maybe even have a "From the Website" feature every month where 2 or 3 submitted cars are spotlighted. pick the builds, send the posters an invite to submit to the magazine via PM and wait for the photos to pour in. I would bet it would cause a lot more folks to post photos there too if it were possible they would then be invited to send photos in for publication.

jb

This is fine and good, but then there's the other side of the coin that I can already hear..."favoritism" and "You guys never pick me".

I think it would be nice to be invited to submit, or have an "editor's choice" showcase.

*edit*

Look at me getting caught up in an off topic debate in my own thread. lol

Edited by rsxse240

they send a copy of the magazine the cars appeared in to the contributors featured in that magazine? that's a nice touch. but they would have to have complete mailing info to do that, can be an issue for field reports like contest coverage.

jb

I'm not sure about the contest report coverage, but I assume they do while getting the builder information for the photo shoot. All I know for sure is that every time FSM has used an image of mine, they send me a complimentary issue, featuring that image.