Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need Help Finding Lightbulb For Vintage 1964 Galaxie Kit

I bought a built kit of a vintage 1964 Galaxie off of ebay and when I got it I quickly noticed that it had the operating headlights and tailites to my surprise. When I took the chassis off to explore I noticed that the front bulb had a broken wire and have been unable to find one at the local hobby shop. I just got back into the hobby after a thirty year absence and don't know where to look. Any help would be great.

Gus go to your locai hobby shop, ti the railroad section and ask for a Grain o' wheat' lightbulb at (debending on if you need 1 or 2 batteries) a 1.5 volt bulb if one,or 3.0 volt for two, don't be too disapointed if their not that bright though, cause if I remember right,they weren't . Hope this halps you out ,George53 ;)

Gus go to your locai hobby shop, ti the railroad section and ask for a Grain o' wheat' lightbulb at (debending on if you need 1 or 2 batteries) a 1.5 volt bulb if one,or 3.0 volt for two, don't be too disapointed if their not that bright though, cause if I remember right,they weren't . Hope this halps you out ,George53 ;)

Thanks George,I go to the Ryders on northline road they have all kinds of railroad junk.