Model Cars Magazine Forum

New member from China Grove, NC

Hey everyone. I found this website after buying the two new Moebius Ford pickup kits. I've been building off and on since I was a little kid but I don't think I've finished anything since I was 19. I primarily build Fords, trucks, pickups, Mustangs and older cars since that's what my family has always owned. This is the last model I can remember finishing, 21 years ago now. Seeing some of the models on here the past few days while I was looking around has inspired me to get busy again with a hobby I used to really enjoy.

Blink_ddd83192-6b6c-4daf-89fd-c56cf9fc0b

Blink_1dcd6a78-53ee-44f6-90c0-ef65acdccf

Blink_781f91e1-d9cd-45e1-b014-9a1308a0b5

Edited by Travis T

Welcome to the forum from Salisbury; NC.

There is a show/swap this Saturday up the road from us in Clemmons, NC. Check out the Shows/Contest section here on the forum. Usually has a great turnout of show entries and swap meet vendors. It is known as the CKM Summer Classic.

There is also a show/swap in Mooresville on September 12th.

There is a swap only event in Salisbury in February.

If you make it to the Clemmons show, look me up. I'll be there vending and will be wearing a gray t shirt with an old school modified from Freeport Stadium.

Edited by VW93

Thanks for the welcome guys. As soon as I can get a couple of kits built, I'm going to get back on the 1950 Ford F-1 pickup kit I bought to build a copy of my truck that my grandpa bought new. Then I want to find an old 67 Galaxie to do my mom's car and I'm waiting for the 1972 version of the Moebius Ford pickup to do dad's truck since one will finally be available!

VW93, thanks for the information. I knew about the February event in Salisbury, a good friend of mine used to be there every year but I never could remember to go. I may have to check out the Clemmons event tomorrow, I was thinking about going to the Parkway Ford show in Winston anyway.

VW93, thanks for the information. I knew about the February event in Salisbury, a good friend of mine used to be there every year but I never could remember to go. I may have to check out the Clemmons event tomorrow, I was thinking about going to the Parkway Ford show in Winston anyway.

Travis, if you can make it to the Clemmons show stop by. If you want to get in early, before 8AM, let me know.

call me at 704-431-6552