Model Cars Magazine Forum

question on the DODGE L-700

is this the only kit that TILTS forward???  and does it have pre-opening doors as well or do i have to cut them out?   never done one of these and the last semi i built was back in jr. high school......i am now 50.....been awhile  thanks  for any input

55f7841219e97__57_(3).thumb.JPG.435b5850

I remember building one of these back in the 70's for a bloke , i had no trouble with the doors or the tilting of the cab . Remember it looked so cool amongst the amt trucks .

I got one here somewhere in the garage , i got as far as stuffing a 903 cummins in it and putting bud wheels all round . I must dig it out and finish it .

Neat kit. I have 6 of them in my stash right now waiting their turns. One suggestion I will make, especially if you're going to display it with a load on a bed/mounted box, or hooked up to a trailer, will be to make a slight alteration in the rear springs to let it sit level. I don't recall where I found it, but there are directions on how to modify the springs to lower the rear to a more appropriate "loaded" ride height. as the kit comes, the rear sits very high.

thanks for xtra info....im thinking  of even buying xtra material  and make some of the parts look for realistic   wires, exhasust . etc

Neat kit. I have 6 of them in my stash right now waiting their turns. One suggestion I will make, especially if you're going to display it with a load on a bed/mounted box, or hooked up to a trailer, will be to make a slight alteration in the rear springs to let it sit level. I don't recall where I found it, but there are directions on how to modify the springs to lower the rear to a more appropriate "loaded" ride height. as the kit comes, the rear sits very high.