Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mixing T and A update 11/17

Mr. Metallic

I haven't posted a WIP on this forum in quite some time, so here goes

Just finished a build last weekend and was cleaning up my bench, ready to go back to the Revell 29 A I started awhile back. But, with a clear bench my mind started to wander and I started fitting other T and A bodies I had around onto the frames from the new 29 A. I struck upon 2 that I was really digging, and now one of them... well I just can't keep my hands off of it.

37:466527757076

It's a JF track t body on the revel 29 A deuce rails. I chopped the nose off and substituted the nose off a revel Midget (how nice of them to give us two in the box) Spent some time modifying the front end to lower it, next is the rear.

Decided to make my own wheels. These are based on some washers we have at work, and I'm modifying other kit parts to flesh them out a bit. Tires are the fronts from the Orange Crate, and rears are Rep+Min of Md track tires.

59:466289039470

Edited by Mr. Metallic
update

Nice, I like the wheels. What kind of washer is that anyway?

It's a washer used in the factory I work in. The notches in it allow it to flex when inserted into a tube and then can't be pulled back out

Oh, btw, I was thinking of something else when I first read your topic title :D

I know, that's the idea :blink:

Experimented with brass a bit to see if I could make a stronger assembly. It's not soldered, but just glued it really helps. It also helps me keep straighter lines when I'm sanding.

24:466949424751

So, the suspension is dialed in, and I've created the engine mounting points. I was surprised that even though I was using a V8-60 the engine was still to big to fit under the hood.

29:466949429309

Now I just need to figure out what to do for the interior.

Got some more work done on this over the weekend.

Got the removable flat tow bar put in place. Also got the radius arms and friction shocks mounted (shocks not pictured)
36:467503296723

Also got the rear suspension finalized. Homemade radius rods and friction shocks from the Roth Outlaw
42:467555682593

And here is the homemade windshield. It wont be sitting at quite such a radical rake as pictured, but will be raked.
45:467503305411

Also made a bunch of "fiddly bits" like the steering column, hand brake and such. Just a few items left on a short punch list and then it's time to start painting

• 4 weeks later...

Everything is painted, and final assembly has begun

42:469416582857

For those of you that may not have noticed, I'm using the V8-60 engine from the Revell midget kit, with the rare Ardun heads I made from scratch. There really was an ardun conversion made for the V8-60(recently seen in the AMBR winning t roadster from a couple years ago.) Compare the 60 to the full size flathead block in the pic.

34:469416574638