Model Cars Magazine Forum

Low rat rod

Bumblebi

Got some more work on the rod today. It's starting to look pretty good actually! Still just a mock up, but it's not much left to do. Considering I haven't really done any weathering on this scale before, I'm very satisfied with the way it turned out! The mesh which is replacing the windows are actually pieces of a trashcan from Ikea btw, which I've just painted black!

Tom- Thanks for the input, I might do a little more on the body later on, I unfortunately don't have the time to do any more now, the model show I'm attending starts in just over 24 hours..

Jim- Glad you're liking the build!

Got a little bti of work done yesterday. The interior is done, and I made a gastank, which is seated between the frame rails.

Interior is made up of two bucket seats from the parts box, the original Monogram dashboard, the steering wheel and rack from an AMT Ford Mustang '66, gearshifter is from the parts box, and the pedals are made by me.

And the gastank, its made out of rolled up 0.5 mm styrene sheet along with a small piece from the parts box.

So I got the build done 40 minutes before I was going to BUCK.. Here are two pics  I snapped of it at the show!

Considering how short of a build time this was and how much scratchbuilding and such was involved, I'm very pleased with the result. Will be doing a proper photoshoot tomorrow if the weather plays along.