Model Cars Magazine Forum

Interior Colours , 1969 Nova SS

I'm at the point of readying the interior parts for paint , and am at an impasse : what colours were available for the 1969 Nova Super Sport ? I'm trying to avoid the typical black ; was white an option ? What accents were available (e.g. , blue carpet , dash , console , headliner , etc.) ?

The body is painted Pontiac Engine Silver-Blue Metallic ( I've always loved that colour ! ) .

Any comprehensive links / images are appreciated !

Pontiac Engine Blue is a reasonable approximation of 1969 Chevy Glacier Blue,  which for some reason is not shown on the color chart in Ben's link. I had a Camaro in that color and don't see any reason why it wouldn't have been available on Nova.

No white interiors in Nova in 1969, nor tan either. If you don't want black, you best bet is probably the blue. When I did my model, I think I used Model Master Blue Angel Blue or something close to that.

Here are some blue interiors on '69 Camaros:

http://www.69pace.com/interior715.htm

Edited by Snake45

Here's my '69 Camaro convertible with Pontiac Engine Blue paint and Blue Angel Blue interior. My first real '69 Camaro was exactly like this model, except it was a hardtop, in Glacier Blue with Blue interior and white-painted top and white stripes. I read somewhere that two-tone painted tops weren't available on SS Camaros, but my SS/RS had it.

(I wasn't a big fan of the Glacier Blue color. In the late '70s I had all the emblems and chrome trim stripped off the car and painted it a medium/dark metallic gray, which looked completely badass. '69 Camaros weren't worth as much in those days as a gennie SS/RS would be today.)

Edited by Snake45