Model Cars Magazine Forum

1937 Cord Convertible (lindberg)

70mach1

This kit's not as crappy as people say it is. I consider it to be a blank canvas. The details are soft, but workable, with some scratch building. The 17 piece body went together very well and precisely. (I was really impressed.) The only real problem was the front and rear bumpers and the mounts. They had to be re-worked to look okay, but not perfect. The engine was wired and plumbed. Scratch built inside and outside door handles, window cranks, outside rear view mirror, and tail lights. Parts box fog lights, windshield wipers, and tires. Refinished in PPG lacquers, clear coated with DuPont urethane clear.

DSC01535.jpgDSC01533.jpg

DSC01532.jpg

DSC01530.jpg

This kit has a long-standing reputation for being somewhat less than ideal...but whatever issues the kit has, you obviously worked right through them and then some! Gorgeous! I love the underhood detailing, the paint job, the interior...heck, ALL of it! Fantastic work.

This kit has a long-standing reputation for being somewhat less than ideal...but whatever issues the kit has, you obviously worked right through them and then some! Gorgeous! I love the underhood detailing, the paint job, the interior...heck, ALL of it! Fantastic work.

Can't Argue that.

Amazingly well done..

Can't Argue that.

Amazingly well done..

I'll second all of that!! Great looking build!!