Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tyrone Malone Super Boss

That is a really nice kit. The decals are not that big of a deal as replacements are available.  My suggestion is watch a few on ebay over the next few weeks that are actual auctions not the extortionist unrealistic Buy It Now listings to see what they sell for.

You are lucky ,I would love to have just because the box art is really fine condition. All the ones I have come across are spray painted, water damaged , rodent chewed and so on.

Edited by Old Buckaroo

Thanks for the reply Sean,I bought it locally for a reasonable price.I know they have some value but when I see models listed for $175 I find that hard to believe.While this kit is cool,I'm really interested more in an R Model Mack or the DM800 or an old 4070 Transtar.I bought this one more on speculation.On a side note,this model was given to the woman I bought it from by Tyrone Malone.She worked for Bandag and he brought the truck to Toms River NJ in the late 70's and they all got models.She said she also saw Irvy the frozen whale and used to drive an Autocar dump with a 13 speed Roadranger!Cool backstory!

Round 2 is supposed to be releasing that kit sometime around April unless something has changed. I think that is why I have seen several lately on Ebay. Given the history of your kit and the excellent condition of the box it definitely has some value. You may want to consider offering it up for trade here on the forum for a kit or some kits that you are interested in. It is free and the truck folks on the forum understand the value of it. If you really like you may just want to keep it given the history of it.

Round 2 is supposed to be releasing that kit sometime around April unless something has changed. I think that is why I have seen several lately on Ebay. Given the history of your kit and the excellent condition of the box it definitely has some value. You may want to consider offering it up for trade here on the forum for a kit or some kits that you are interested in. It is free and the truck folks on the forum understand the value of it. If you really like you may just want to keep it given the history of it.

Yes that's right and it's confirmed by Round 2, it will also have decals for both the Thermo King and Bandag versions on the same sheet.
The Papa Truck will most likely follow pretty soon (they had some small issues with the tooling for it) and also the Bandag Bandit and Hideout Truck.
I don't know but the demand for original issues will most likely go down after the release and the value can also go down...as everyone probably know, the value is exactly what someone is prepaired to pay for it.
I allready have two each of the Malone trucks but I will buy at least one more of each when they come out.

I had both race trucks but due to outrageous prices sold them to fund other ventures. Good to see them back but a sad day for those with originals. But it's only for the moment for originals. There are only so many original kits out there. There are hardcore collectors who have to have an orig kit. this may be where you can slide in and get a value for it you hope for.

I have collected and dealt in comics for more than 40 years. i know markets and collectors. these are tried and true conclusions.

The Thermo King version is the first issue from 1978-79, the later Bandag version (only the decals and boxart are different from the Thermo King version) came in 1981-82 together with the Bandag Bandit, Papa Truck and Hideout Truck.

I had both race trucks but due to outrageous prices sold them to fund other ventures. Good to see them back but a sad day for those with originals. But it's only for the moment for originals. There are only so many original kits out there. There are hardcore collectors who have to have an orig kit. this may be where you can slide in and get a value for it you hope for.

I have collected and dealt in comics for more than 40 years. i know markets and collectors. these are tried and true conclusions.

Bob... I agree there are many of us that still like the original issued stuff...guess because it reminds us of our childhood days...?   Me I like the old screw chassis kits,old boxes and instructions,etc.