Model Cars Magazine Forum

72 Nova!!!

randx0, ya if that isnt the truth!!! i am going to cut the kits so to speak firewall off and basicly mount the fenders to the doors, some sanding and lining up will do the trick !!! i hope!!! lol!!

Charlie, thanks and i will be putting in a big order here pretty soon!!! i have 3 of these things goin!! lol!!

What's goin' on...

Sure do. I actually posted this under the "On the workbench" section. As far as this goes. I used the 67 Chevelle chassis from the wheel tubs back and cut the Nova's chassis off at where the wheel tubs start and fitted it in there haveing a two picec undercarriage/chassis. Not the best way to do it. To rewind here from the get go I started this in 05 as a lunch break project at work. I've got a large drawer in my tool box that I reorginized so I could put some smaller car kits in and tinker w/ those at work on my lunch. That's how this project started. I did that until one day I was working on it and got so involved that a 30min break turned into an hour and one half!!!D'OH So I told the boss no more models at work LOL! It got taken home and then put into storeage and forgotten about until two weeks ago. That's when I started working on it again.

2384022308_2612d5f609_o.jpg

What's goin' on...

Sure do. I actually posted this under the "On the workbench" section. As far as this goes. I used the 67 Chevelle chassis from the wheel tubs back and cut the Nova's chassis off at where the wheel tubs start and fitted it in there haveing a two picec undercarriage/chassis. Not the best way to do it. To rewind here from the get go I started this in 05 as a lunch break project at work. I've got a large drawer in my tool box that I reorginized so I could put some smaller car kits in and tinker w/ those at work on my lunch. That's how this project started. I did that until one day I was working on it and got so involved that a 30min break turned into an hour and one half!!!D'OH So I told the boss no more models at work LOL! It got taken home and then put into storeage and forgotten about until two weeks ago. That's when I started working on it again.

2384022308_2612d5f609_o.jpg

very cool!!! when i am able to get ahold of revells new nova, that may be the route i go with it like yours!!!

Modeltech.... the fit of the chassis/tub looks like it went in withuot any alterations... very nice.

I'm using the same chassis (55 Sportsman) for my drag racing build off project '66 Cuda (AMT)... picutres posted last night.

Is that a GTO on your info tab? My son and I have a rebuilt 72 Chevelle 350/4 w TH350. I'll have to post some pics of it.

DrewC

well, doesnt look like much progress but took me awhile to get the interior cage built!! the kit is designed to build the cage to the chassis plate but i wanted to be able to detail paint the cage and chassis plate seperate so i put the cage together without gluing to the lower chassis plate!!

000_0002-3.jpg

000_0004-2.jpg

000_0003-3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...