Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

What I have on the bench. Same pics as on HHMB yesterday.

Terry Love

I guess this should be posted in the Big Scale topic list but it is on my bench or at least under it. Tamiya 1/12 Lola T70

1828296_IMG-vi.jpg

This was a paint test for some water base clear. That didn't work but I like the color so I used Matrix clear on it. It will just be a slammer or curbside for the shelf.

1828298_IMG-vi.jpg

Here is a Tamiya Mazda 787. I built one several years ago just box stock. I am trying to expand my detailing ability so I am trying some new things on this one. Paint should be on it in the next week or so.

1828299_IMG-vi.jpg

I LOVE that Lola Terry!!

It's one of my favorite '60's racers! I have that kit and it's superb! Lord knows when I'll ever get around to building it.......:D

Same for me Bill. I have always thought it's one of the best looking cars ever. I just decided at the beginning of the year that I was going to build it and not put it off any longer. I had said for a long time that I was going to wait until I developed my skills more but I would never get to the place that I thought I could do the kit justice so I decided to go ahead and build it. If 10 years down the road I think I so much better then I'' build another one.

Very cool Terry! The Pontiac is sweet so far! That must be HOK Tangerine Candy? lol Sweet!

Manny

Actually, it's Cinnimon pearl if I recall correctly. Then I added some Ketchum Kopper to darken it and painted highlights down the middle and on the fenders.

Terry what sort of detailing have you gotten up to on the mazda

Private message me if you like

I've have tried to replicate every wire and hose on the engine but I don't have pictures of some of the areas to know exactly where everything goes. I am just trying to make it look as real as I can. I haven't got into making aluminum parts but that will be the next thing for me. I have found that research is the most important part of doing a lot of detail. My next attempt will involve much more work on the front end. I'm at the point on this one that I can see some hoses and wires in the pictures I have but I don't know where they are going so I am having to guess. But I have to say that I have enjoyed myself on this build and that is what it's all about.