Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mopar Madness

Ratster777

I'm normally a chevy kind a guy but couldn't pass this charger up with its 426 himi. Id like to put a blower on if anyone has one for trade..id give up the BB440 complete and untouched for the rite one.. It's the beginning of great things to come. I'm thinking himi orange and flat black..if anyone done this charger in these colors.. Please post a photo. Thanks for any reply or comments...

20160330_200300_Night.jpg

20160402_181402.jpg

20160330_201936_Night.jpg

20160403_152943.jpg

Im building the same car in a kitbash.... Painted mine chrysler red tho, i didnt want to do orange. Looks good so far!

i went with orange cause i think I'm going to paint the body and engine comp. Himi orange and thought it might look good. Thank you for your comment.. Got any pits ?

Anyone have an idea how the wires should be routed? A quick drawing would be sufficient. Thank You..

"Himi" firing order should be readily available by googlesearch.

When in doubt (or too lazy to research), I just always go with 1 8 4 3 6 5 7 2, which is a pretty common firing pattern.

It's the same for all Chrysler "B" ( 350-361-383-400 ) and "RB" ( 413-426W-440 ) and 426 Hemi engines .

what i ment was how tthey physically run from the distributor to the plugs. This Is the 1st himi I've ever done. Thank you for your reply..i guess i can take a look at another himi in the forum.. I'm not too bad at building ,, I don't have a whole lot of experience on wired distributors though..

FYI, the above pic is not correct.

#1 cylinder is drivers side front, not pass side on ALL mopar V8 engines . All even # cylinders are on the pass side . and all odd # cylinders are on the drivers side ( #1, 3, 5, 7 are drivers side + #2,4,6,8 are pass side )

These might help .

And yes the Hemi is 18436572,,Actually all Mopar V8s are the same

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=426+hemi&id=C7D9E05474EF4C233CC23F201355B8139856C058&FORM=IQFRBA

FYI, the above pic is not correct.

#1 cylinder is drivers side front, not pass side on ALL mopar V8 engines . All even # cylinders are on the pass side . and all odd # cylinders are on the drivers side ( #1, 3, 5, 7 are drivers side + #2,4,6,8 are pass side )

These might help .

And yes the Hemi is 18436572,,Actually all Mopar V8s are the same

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=426+hemi&id=C7D9E05474EF4C233CC23F201355B8139856C058&FORM=IQFRBA

Thats a google image i downloaded just to help the guy out.... I didnt take the time to confirm anything much less study the pic to see which sides were bank 1 or bank 2... It was rhe clearest image possible for me to download onto my phone at the time. And FYI ALL V8 domestic engines are 18436572 until the mid eighties or so when ignition systems became more dependent on computer control than actual mechanical ignition timing, and ALL right banks are bank 1 with cylinder 1 being the first cylinder on that side... Just trying to help the guy out bro... :)

Actually i think you better look again.... The actual firing order as numbered is wrong BUT the wires from the distributor go to the correct places. Its just numbered wrong. Which wouldnt mean anything in 1:25 or 1:1. #5 is actually #1 and goes to #1 on the distributor. Following the firing order, not the numbers, you will see that the pic i posted IS correct :) 

Edited by charlesdcamden
more info