Model Cars Magazine Forum

Best Paint Thinner

So what do you pro modelers use to get all the paint of a model car fairly quick and with no damage to the plastic? I have several builds I've given up on do to a bad paint job, It boils down to that I don't have enough hours in a day (nor enough patience) to sand a car completely down. I want something that maybe will take the paint down enough to take of with regular thinner or take off all of it in itself . I once thought mineral spirits but I haven't dared to try it yet. Any suggestions are appreciated, Thanks!

I have switched and only use folk art paint from dollar store or micheals thin about half and half with windex with ammonia I just use the Walmart cheap primer and finish with Walmart cheap clear. For paint removal I use LA totally awesome

Some hardware store thinners melt kit plastic, horribly. Some are relatively kind to plastic. Some techniques work reliably for one type of paint, others work better for others. Even among specific types of paints, different paint brands respond differently to different stripping methods.

In short, more specificity will get you more relevant replies.