Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/24 FAW CA141 medium duty truck (excellent diecast)

traditional

FAW (an acronym for 'First Automobile Works'), a Chinese car and truck manufacturer, introduced the Jiefang (pronounced Jay-Fong) CA141 in 1988 to replace the aging CA10, an early post war truck developed from the Russian ZIS-150 (which was in turn developed from the WWll American 'lend lease' International K-series trucks).

I've visited China three times and although these CA141 trucks are gradually being replaced with more advanced, modern vehicles, they are still visible in large numbers, especially in smaller cities.

This 1/24 FAW CA141 diecast model is exceptionally well done, with some surprising detail and was evidently intended as a promotional model for the truck manufacturer.  They can still  be found on Ebay from Chinese vendors with the prices ranging anywhere from around US$100 to about US$200.  When I purchased this one a few years ago, they were available in blue, white or dark yellow.   I think that they are an exceptional value.

P5090548.JPG

P5090551.JPG

P5090554.JPG

P5090556.JPG

P5090557.JPG

Notice the over-center style hood hold-downs and the separate wheel fasteners, etc.

P5090562.JPG

P5100565.JPG

P5100566.JPG

The CA141 posed with the earlier CA10 which it superceded

P5100567.JPG

Edited by traditional