Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/32 ...

Hello ...

I was a big modeler car builder back in the mid-late fifties, won my local Revell-Pactra contest with a '57 T-Bird model ... got out of it around 1965 and back in during the eighties ... out again around 1990 and possibly diving in again nowadays.  Oval track and 1/32 scale is my interest.., used to be drag racing S/S-F/X replicas.  

Joel

Joel Naprstek

Joel,

Welcome to the forum, I met you years ago at one of the first NNLs that was held in a Church basement that was built on a steep hill. I still recall your 1/32 coach  modified model. Any pics of it that you could post ?

Edited by Pete L.

Hi Pete,

Been a lot of years ... I'm amazed that you remember meeting.  Many friends from those years are hard to remember, my apologies.  Thanks for remembering the coach model.  I don't have it any more but I do have some photographs of the models I built.  Attaching one here ... copied after Stan Wetmore's 1973-5 era Lebanon Valley Speedway coach.  

Joel

#73.jpg

Stan Wetmore coach 1973.jpg

Edited by Joel Naprstek

Great to hear from you, Joel. You were the first person I talked to about joining the Tri-State club. I've been in it now over 25 years. I'd love to see you post some of your artwork here as well as your models.  

Hi Bill,

Really?  I was the first? How are you? 

All I have left are a handful of photos of some of my models .... sold them all except for a few that I gave to my cousin.  I do have plans and parts to build a couple of California track roadsters but I'm not sure if I can find the time!  I'm not sure that this forum is the place to post art though ... maybe one that I built a model '57 ford kit and diorama to paint a picture from.

Joel

Hi Bill,

Really?  I was the first? How are you? 

All I have left are a handful of photos of some of my models .... sold them all except for a few that I gave to my cousin.  I do have plans and parts to build a couple of California track roadsters but I'm not sure if I can find the time!  I'm not sure that this forum is the place to post art though ... maybe one that I built a model '57 ford kit and diorama to paint a picture from.

Joel

Joel,

I'm good, thanks. I come across your work from time to time and I think the guys here on the board would appreciate it.

Click on "Forums" at the top of the page. Scroll down to "Auto Art". That's the place for the artwork. I'm sure everyone would be interested to see some of your designs. Didn't you do the mural for the Drag Racing Hall of Fame? 

Bill.

Thanks Pete,

Yes it was a lot of work ... but also enjoyable.  Usually once I had the whole project planned out, mocked up and ready to finish ... I'd lose interest in pulling it together to completion.  I'm sure I'm not alone in that respect!  I posted an unfinished one from 1975 in another thread in the Under Glass category.  One of these days I'll find the time to build a couple of CA track roadsters I have planned ... we'll see! hahaha!  

Joel