Model Cars Magazine Forum

So i havent built a truck in over two years, do to moving and havent had my own space. I needed some inspiration so was looking at old threads and saw a bunch about tyrones trucks. HMMM i said, i have had this kit for proubly 4 years, so why not build it now.  It was sort of started when i got it, frame and motor glued togther, but the frame was really warped.  Fixed that allready,and fixed the deck that was together as well,it was really warped also.  Took some pics so you now what i am dealing with, will post them soon.

I'm working on one of these myself, and if you happen to have parts that are yellowed because of the age of the original issue, be very careful and expect the plastic to be brittle. If you want to see what I'm describing about the parts being yellowed, you can check out my build thread. 

You'll see most everything other than the frame rails and the main cab have that yellowish tint (and the engine, but parts of it are from the parts box) and so far a stack mount, a fuel tank mount, and a cab hinge have all snapped. A wheel back also snapped in half, but that is probably a combination between the age of the plastic and that I modified them to look more like brake drums for the Moebius wheels I'm using, since the chrome on the kit wheels isn't great either. 

Nice subject as the Super Boss is coming out very soon.
The Papa Truck was a 1976 K100 VIT Aerodyne Bicentennial Edition so it was already white with red and blue stripes, red, white and blue interior and gold chassis when Malone got it.
I have no references on the Detroit 8V-92T engine in the Papa Truck but it could have been white as many engines in Kenworth's were white at least up to 1975 but I have seen white engines in KW's later than that, but it could also have been silver as most of the  of 8V-92T's were that color from the factory.

Edited by Force

Hey matt, I have been following your build, just kind of forgot you where using the papa truck. I do have alot of cream colour parts, but not like what you have on your frame.I just got back in from priming mine.

Thank you Hakan, arent you the resident tyrone to go to guy?  I like the colours you pointed out, I am up in the air what colour to do this as my decals are junk, just have to what and see where i go. 

Hey matt, I have been following your build, just kind of forgot you where using the papa truck. I do have alot of cream colour parts, but not like what you have on your frame.I just got back in from priming mine.

Ewan, just please be careful with whatever is cream colored, because those have been the ones I have been having the problems with, and especially if your cab hinges are like that. I'm planning to put some sheet plastic on each side of mine to repair the broken one and give the unbroken one more strength, and maybe adding hydraulic cylinders and a "hold open" support for even added strength when the cab would be tilted. 

Thank you Hakan, arent you the resident tyrone to go to guy?  I like the colours you pointed out, I am up in the air what colour to do this as my decals are junk, just have to what and see where i go. 

Well I have gathered some information and references of Tyrone Malone's trucks over the years so I know a bit about them. ;)
You can get decals from Modeltruckin.com, he has both the correct Papa Truck decals and regular Bicentennial decals, and of course lots of other stuff if you want to do anything else.

Edited by Force