Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sweet '67 Fairlane

I have a thing for light blue metallic '67 Fairlanes myself. Several years ago, I came across a built-up that needed a little TLC.

2006_0715mamameetingjul070040.jpg

It was mostly there, and the main thing is that it was never painted. For some strange reason, AMT did not put the lower body crease on the '67 Fairlane annual tool, even though the '66 did. I have several of the latest tooling of the '66 Fairlane, but I have not built any of them, as I feel that the roof is off around the windows, but the running gear in the kit is fantastic, as I used the chassis, and power-train in a '66 Comet Cyclone that I am restoring.

2007_0921AMT67FairlaneGT0006.jpg

When I restored the '67, I cut in the body sculpturing on the lower sides, using a '66 Annual as the guide. The Modelhaus provided the parts in resin, that was missing from the old built-up to do it as a Replica Stock, except for the seats, that I got from Replicas and Miniatures Co. of MD.

Seeing the Pure Vision '67 Fairlane, I may have to do my version of a car like that, as I have other annual '66 and '67  Fairlanes and Cyclones Built-ups in my collection ready for restoration. I like most of what they did to the real car, but when I do mine, I am going to give it more of a Grand National Vibe.

Man, I wish I had the skill to model this thing...I may have to pick up another '66 kit and set it aside as I build and hone my skills. 

.......you do have the skills, Colby....just do one the best you can, and enjoy the trip.....that's what our forum is here for, to help, encourage, and share info and skills to build a project.....get your tools and paint ready......the Ace,,,,:D

Man, I wish I had the skill to model this thing...I may have to pick up another '66 kit and set it aside as I build and hone my skills. 

I am agreement with AC on this one Colby. I've seen your work, and you have the skills to do it. Just put your signature on the build.