Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Help With Making Resin Parts

Years ago I bought the resin casting kit from Micromark and had limited success with it.  Most of the problems were simple operator error.  I am now in need of a few pieces to continue a build and am considering buying the Alumilite kit from Hobby Lobby - not really a bad deal with a 40% coupon.  My question is has anyone used this particular kit?  According to the advertisement it is a fairly quick setting resin (about 3-5 minutes) and it doesn't really address how thick the pouring resin is.  One of the reasons I am considering this particular kit over the Micromark is this kit is readily available whereas I will have to wait on a shipment from Micromark.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?
DISCLAIMER:  I am in no way going to infringe on any of the excellent resin casters.  These are just some parts I need in a hurry and unfortunately have not been able to find anywhere else.

DISCLAIMER 2: The reason this is posted as a quote is that is the only way I could "paste" this post.  It is also on a couple of other forums I belong to.

Edited by TarheelRick