Model Cars Magazine Forum

Vicky, Sedan, And Roadster

Better get some really large pulleys to drive that blower on the banger, probably take a over half the engine's horsepower to drive it.  Something like a 4-71 with 2 carbs max would be a little more appropriate for a banger.  Not to mention the wobbly crank and poured babbit rod bearings, maybe they retrofitted the rods and added a full counterweight crank!  Think about going smaller blower and less carbs.  Don't get me wrong, that huge blower on that tiny engine kinda looks kinda cool!

Your first attempt at lettering isn't too bad at all, actually pretty good.  Check out some of the art catalogs, websites or stores for a decent Kolinsky (squirrel hair) watercolor brush, size one or two for the size you're lettering.  Next, round up either a piece of glass 6" X 6" minimum or about the same size piece of sheet metal to practice lettering.  Next thing (maybe shoulda been the first thing to do)  do an Internet search for "free lettering fonts" find a couple of easy fonts and start copying them, (pencil and paper first) to develope the muscle memory for that font.  Once you can do the letters a - z, 0 - 9 without looking at your reference too much, you're ready for brush and paint!  Go for it, it's fun and relaxing!  I've been Signwritting for years on and off, right now as my real job allows, I've only lettered a few models, it's fun.  Just watch that your lettering doesn't build up too much that it looks way out of scale, you can adjust that part by thinning the lettering paint  to where it lays flat (enamel works best).  Good luck and have fun!

Edited by Skip
Auto-Correct Correction