Model Cars Magazine Forum

Question about SPEED

SPEED had it highest rated program ever over the weekend..... and it was a NASCAR race. like I said they'll show what gets the ratings, but i'll have too look into that "The Racing Network". looks good if it will happen. I'll still watch more SPEED though since I'm a NASCAR fan.

Cable Program not included networks.

Sponge Bob Square Pants was a close second, third, forth and fifth ... :( That oughta tell ya something.

They still get more viewers world wide for the 24 hours of Le Mans than a whole season of NASCAR.

Sorry I still don't get it, NASCAR.

Me too.

###### Lizards

haha yep

that can be our catch phrases, ###### LIZARDS :lol:

Cable Program not included networks.

Sponge Bob Square Pants was a close second, third, forth and fifth ... :lol: That oughta tell ya something.

They still get more viewers world wide for the 24 hours of Le Mans than a whole season of NASCAR.

Sorry I still don't get it, NASCAR.

;) Ya, THATS RIGHT!! ;) I don't either, I just NOW watch, I'M SORRY CHRIS! :( the Truck series only because the Tundras are running AND to watch my boy, Kyle, piss off more Dale Jr. nation fans! :(

I don't mind NASCAR to much, but I thought this was hilarious

bt-boringnascar-gallery-131.jpg

You can adopt it but remember I created it! :lol:

###### LIZARDS

Hey now we need some "Those ###### Lizards" shirts lol

That's funny.

well guys

I know you guys dont know me I am new here so my opinion means nothing so what the heck.

as far as the speed channel goes I am a nascar fan but I dont watch the pre race shows or race day any of that

I basically turn on the race when they get to the part about start your engines. I have been a nascar fan since 1997.

hate the prerace shows .I will watch wind tunnel if dave has somebody good on. I love livin the low life as I love lowriders.

I know they are not real popular here but thats always been my passion.

and as far as racing goes in general if I want to watch tv and I have a choice between watching a regular tv program or some cars bikes lawn mowers what ever goin round the track I am on it. I love and appreciate all forms of motorsports.

just my 2 cents.

oh and as far as american chopper goes they are not builders they are cake decorators and I am tired of the fights. and unique whips they dont impress me they are not customizers at all adding a set of wheels and a sound system to a car makes it custom excuse me !! pinks - over it !! overhaulin - chip foose is a cool very talented guy but I skip all the theatrics and watch the last 10 minutes and see the before and after.

oh I almost forgot kyle busch sorry if I offend any of his fans but

he is a ###### good race car driver he drives the wheels of his car but he is a punk !!! and needs to grow up !!

sorry but he needs to be put into the wall every week until he gets the message. I heard he wants to test a f1

I say go for it he would fit right in there.

sorry for the long rant.

Edited by old low&slo

well guys

I know you guys dont know me I am new here so my opinion means nothing so what the heck.

Now, I don't know about that. :lol:

Ok, now, I do agree with you on most of the shows, but about the Kyle Busch thing..............

As you know, I love, emphasize, capitalize, bold it, the fact that Toyota is in NANSCAR (National Association Nothing Stock Car Auto Racing) to shut all the whiners and classless fans out there. And on Kyle, one he's driving a Yota and making a good run, and second, that race at Richmond, I didn't watch much of it, but I heard about Kyle spinning Jr. out and all hell breaks loose with the Jr. Retar.....errr...Drunks.......dang, I mean Nation. Ok, it's sad it's going on this long with those classless idiots you see on TV, waving their signs and waving around like a spastic having an epileptic seizure and it's funny how him and his team bows at the races now, and when he wins, you know why he does it now? :lol:

But all I got to say is, in a "told you so" voice THAT'S HOW DADDY DROVE!!!!!firedevil.gif

Edited by Nick F40

Now, I don't know about that. :(

Ok, now, I do agree with you on most of the shows, but about the Kyle Busch thing..............

As you know, I love, emphasize, capitalize, bold it, the fact that Toyota is in NANSCAR (National Association Nothing Stock Car Auto Racing) to shut all the whiners and classless fans out there. And on Kyle, one he's driving a Yota and making a good run, and second, that race at Richmond, I didn't watch much of it, but I heard about Kyle spinning Jr. out and all hell breaks loose with the Jr. Retar.....errr...Drunks.......dang, I mean Nation. Ok, it's sad it's going on this long with those classless idiots you see on TV, waving their signs and waving around like a spastic having an epileptic seizure and it's funny how him and his team bows at the races now, and when he wins, you know why he does it now? ;)

But all I got to say is, in a "told you so" voice THAT'S HOW DADDY DROVE!!!!!firedevil.gif

hey nickf40

lol I love this post !!!

but I have to tell you 1st off been a jr fan since 98 and yes I was mad at richmond I was using quite alot of expletive delitives after that racing incident !!! mostly cause jr would have won finally if the caution did'nt come out.

but you are right about about the toyota, leaps and bounds ahead of last year. and to be honest I think kyle is well on his way to being champion this year. I would say at this point it's his to lose. but you really hit the nail on the head man he drives just like sr did and gets the same reaction lol !!! I never thought about that till you brought it up. great point !!!

just remember though not all of us jr and nascar fans are a bunch of drunkin whiny retarded idiots. well not whiny and retarded anyways lol !!!

Monoco is on this weekend. Truly one of the most insane events in motorsports. I'm not a huge F1 fan but this is one race I've always followed. NASCAR? I think the road course races are pretty fun, those tracks just weren't designed with cars that size in mind. It also seems a bit nutty. Other than that, they lost me about 1970. I grew up near the Mid-Ohio race course, I still prefer a good SCCA event, the Eloy(Arizona) Grand Prix used to be a blast. I was also close to several drag strips, that's really where my allegiance lies. The historic road race here is great. I like SPEED, some of the personalities are irritating but I watch a lot of it. Barry McGuire certainly is one of the most die-hard car guys, but I think he's a really crappy interviewer. I've always had a deep-seated fear of handlebar mustaches and quite giving Don Garlits a mic! He tries to pull way to much stuff from a memory that must be as bad as mine. He did ten minutes on a sweet Cameo P'up, referring to it throughout as an "El Cameo". Most of the shows still seem a tad low-budget. That may be a good thing. I've got it on right now. Reality shows? Give me a break. Build or Bust was good but I think they had pretty much done it all and the chopper craze finally has settled a bit. OCC became irritating pretty quick but it didn't go away. As far as who airs what, that is part bidding war, part packaging. OOh, David Coulthard just hit the wall coming out of the tunnel!

Edited by samdiego

But wait, there's more . . . ( Craig Singhaus, get it?) It is about ratings, it's ALL about ratings. The ONLY reason anything is on TV at all is that it turns a profit. There aren't any shows that are aired simply because they are a good idea. They will throw anything up there that makes us watch the commercials. If version A drew ten thousand viewers but version B drew ten thousand and four, guess which direction that's going to go. After that it's survival of the fittest. There is a cockroach analogy in there somewhere.

Edited by samdiego

hey nickf40

lol I love this post !!!

but I have to tell you 1st off been a jr fan since 98 and yes I was mad at richmond I was using quite alot of expletive delitives after that racing incident !!! mostly cause jr would have won finally if the caution did'nt come out.

but you are right about about the toyota, leaps and bounds ahead of last year. and to be honest I think kyle is well on his way to being champion this year. I would say at this point it's his to lose. but you really hit the nail on the head man he drives just like sr did and gets the same reaction lol !!! I never thought about that till you brought it up. great point !!!

just remember though not all of us jr and nascar fans are a bunch of drunkin whiny retarded idiots. well not whiny and retarded anyways lol !!!

Thank you ;) Don't get me wrong I like Jr. as a DRIVER not a celebrity but I wasn't a HUGe fan of his dad. I like to see him win, he hasn't in a while and it sucks that he got spun out and lost the win. The thing is Kyle is his buddy, and he STILL is. :rolleyes: I also like his sponsers, NOS, Amp! :lol: I also love Kyle Busch's truck.

No, I don't think your one of them! :lol:

Monoco is on this weekend. Truly one of the most insane events in motorsports. I'm not a huge F1 fan but this is one race I've always followed. NASCAR? I think the road course races are pretty fun, those tracks just weren't designed with cars that size in mind. It also seems a bit nutty. Other than that, they lost me about 1970. I grew up near the Mid-Ohio race course, I still prefer a good SCCA event

OOh, David Coulthard just hit the wall coming out of the tunnel!

OHHH GODMONACO!!!!! :lol: When you said about it I jumped up and almost threw the remote and there it was and I heard about Coulthard, I love the tunnel! :wub:

I agree with you in everything you said, and........you lived near Mid Ohio? :blink: SWEEET!!! I love that course and love SCCA and you are very lucky! ;)

I like Weber, he seem to do good. I hate those white strips, I can't for slicks next year. ^_^

Edited by Nick F40

:lol::wub: Ferrari got all of it!

I can't wait for the PRIMM race on NBC at 1:30 Sunday and the Traxxas race at 7:30 on SPEED tonight, I know, it's not NANSCAR! :rolleyes:

Yeah, and it's one of their (Ferrari's) weak tracks, and it's near impossible to pass at Monaco. Now he has not one but two red cars in front of him. This could spell trouble for Mclaren at Mosport where Mclaren has been dominate in the past also.

You know what Hamilton problem is? He doesn't know how to set up his car. Who do you think help him set up his car last year?