Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jo-han 66 cadillac hearse

mademan

why any one whoud cut up a classic veary hard to find johan hearse kit is beyond me i find it disterbing and wrong in so meny ways

granted some want to " dare to be difernt " why not find a kit that has been repop a millon times why cut up a hearse

I find it disturbing; the amount of people who have such terrible grammar, and no use of punctuation! spelling..... dont even get me started!

do one in purple

.... my next 90`d cadillac will be shades of purple with pearl patterns under kandy ;)

DSCF7928.jpg

why any one whoud cut up a classic veary hard to find johan hearse kit is beyond me i find it disterbing and wrong in so meny ways

granted some want to " dare to be difernt " why not find a kit that has been repop a millon times why cut up a hearse

Cause it's His, and Why Not :D Just like Why would anyone want to sign up for a Forum, only to pitch a fit about someone elses project??? :blink: Granted I would Love to have one of those kits myself, but atleast he is doing the kit proper Justice by building it (it's a Plastic Toy, Not a Comic Book or a Baseball card :blink: Btw, I'm enough of a Weirdo to use a Babe Ruth card for my Bike spokes :o).....

I agree with what everyone else has stated on this subject. It's HIS kit to do what HE wants to do with it. Period, end of discussion.

When these kits were first produced they were MEANT TO BE BUILT! If you are not wanting to see old kits being built, boy are you on the wrong forum.

You definitely don't want to look at any of my projects once I get back to building on a regular basis. Most of my models I plan on building I purchased around 20 years or so ago and YES I have the Ambulance AND Hearse to be built. I say Build 'em if ya got 'em!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Mademan,

This is the first time I have seen your build. I have to say I like it and keep up the good work! Definitely keep posting updates as I want to see how it turns out and I'm getting ideas on how I'm wanting to do the interior on mine now.

-Scott H.

Edited by Scott H. AKA Cpt. Bondo

• 1 month later...
you and Kevin are killing me with these old Johan hearse kits! i wouldn't mind having the Heavenly hearse or the Haulin' hearse kits to build, those look like alot of fun! you both are doing a really nice job with these for sure.

when i was a kid i had one of the hearse kits with the coffin, my dad bought it for me and i built it and had it in my room. after awhile it got to be too much, the thing was freaking me out, no kidding! i took it outside and stuck it under the bush in the backyard and left it. my dad wasn't too happy, he found it while cutting the grass. he brought it back in the house and i took it right back out there and stuck it back under the bush. after the second time he brought it back in i sank it in the creek with a rock inside for good measure. found it still in the creek years later when it dried up, laughed to myself and left it there. funny what those kits go for these days!

Dave

im a huge hearse fan.... would I buy a real one... probly not, thats creepy (kevin, lol) but im fascinated by them. If they werent Cadillacs... I wouldnt go near em, but my love for cadillacs , and being different is what draws me to them.

• 3 years later...

Wow, this is a very old thread. I wonder what happened with the model. Are there pictures of the finished model? I would like to see how it turned out at the end. I love hearses and I am building one right now, altho not a Caddy.

When I lived in Chicago there was this cool alternative store right on the corner of Belmont and Clark IIRC called The Alley. Actually the store was the second building from the corner with a Dunkin Donuts on the corner. I think the owner of the store owned like half the block or something, so in the big parking right on the corner infront of DD was parked an old Caddy hearse painted black with blue flames. It was like an advertizing for the store and absolutely awesome. I used t check it out every time I walked by.

Anyway, back on topic - I would love to see more of that build and I am also interested in a coffin for my project.

super sweet build man!! i have a few of those jo han hearse and ambulance kits aswell all sealed. big props to you for opening them up and builing them ;) hopfully i could man up one day and open one up :lol:

on another note whats up with the big body 4dr caddy in the background, is it for sale or trade lmk???

I have a couple of those Jo-Han Ambulances in the works at the moment, sort of on-again, off-again builds. One is being redone as a chop-top pro street hearse and the other one has had its body front-halved and is becoming a motorhome! Like the man said earlier, it's just plastic - do with it whatever makes you feel good! I'd still like to get my hands on another of the Ambulance kits as well as one of the Hearses to build them box stock with some added details.

(BTW - I just opened a sealed Jo-Han 1960 Plymouth Police Wagon kit last week, and immediately started kitbashing it with the AMT '57 Chrysler 300C for the current 1962-themed "Cannonball" CBP, so there! :lol: )

I have a couple of those Jo-Han Ambulances in the works at the moment, sort of on-again, off-again builds. One is being redone as a chop-top pro street hearse and the other one has had its body front-halved and is becoming a motorhome! Like the man said earlier, it's just plastic - do with it whatever makes you feel good! I'd still like to get my hands on another of the Ambulance kits as well as one of the Hearses to build them box stock with some added details.

(BTW - I just opened a sealed Jo-Han 1960 Plymouth Police Wagon kit last week, and immediately started kitbashing it with the AMT '57 Chrysler 300C for the current 1962-themed "Cannonball" CBP, so there! :lol: )

NO!!!! :o:lol::P