Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi guys! Haven't had tme to do much the last weeks. School are takeing to much of the time, and have had other things to do also (not better things :blink: )

Just want to show another prosject that I have been working on for some time. It's a Ford LN 8000 Shorthauler. Almost done, just have to put on another layer with paint after some problems with the last paint job. Got some holes in the paint, not very nice. Are going to put a single pipe on the right side of it also. Enjoy! :lol:

fordln8000006an5.jpg

dscn4330oc9.jpg

dscn7377qi8av6.jpg

dscn7389fw3px3.jpg

Here the truck are put together to see how it will look like. The fuel tanks have been paintet flat black, think it looks bether than chrome. Have thought about stripping the rims and bumper also, but not sure about it.

dscn7407ju5oh3.jpg

Edited by broch

Looks good with the chrome grill and rims. If you go with painted rims I'd find some 2 hole Budds. Craig

Thanks Craig! Like the L8000 dumper you have build. Looks very clean and nice. How have you got the emblem on the side of the hood? Would like to have this on mine too :blink: Have you printed or painted them yourself?

Thanks Craig! Like the L8000 dumper you have build. Looks very clean and nice. How have you got the emblem on the side of the hood? Would like to have this on mine too :lol: Have you printed or painted them yourself?

I didn't paint the L8000, but I did paint the FORD lettering. I believe there is someone that's producing the lettering as a decal, but I can't recall who.

The person who made the Ford logo decals was Dan Poulin from DMTW. He & I worked together to make them. The "FORD" for the front of the hood is a little small, but they look pretty good.

He sent me several sets before he closed down. Unfortunately, he still has the master file.