Model Cars Magazine Forum

Saving Rancho Gluebomb

Russell C

'61 Ranchero speedster gluebomb, that is. This one was dirt cheap last year on ebay with free shipping, probably destined for the trashcan after several price reductions. The photos were so dark, I thought it had a tonneau cover. Long story short, the interesting overall look was something I couldn't resist, and I could see where the original builder was going with this idea. Plus, I can envision a reason why it had such an offbeat color for the rear wheels. But it also had too many distractions going on. It's one of those models where you say "cool concept, except I'd fix this, and that, and that …."  So, first, the 'as delivered' photo composite, then onto the fixes.

Rancherodragster.thumb.jpg.831d2d6b2850a

Chris "cpspoogie" Price, from the post immediately above, happens to be the ebay seller I got this gluebomb from. I contacted him late last night through the ebay system (not knowing he was also here at MCM) to let him know where this estate sale/garage sale item ended up. Meanwhile, if I can get to it, I'll take some "under glass" photos tomorrow and post them in that section.