Model Cars Magazine Forum

ROUND2 AMT DECAL SHEET PROBLEM......

hello to all,,,, lately I have had problem's with some of newer issue Round2 decal sheets.....that is to say, when some are removed from the sealed bag they are packed in, the yellow backing paper is stuck to the sheet in some case's, thus pulling the coating from some image's and leaving chip's or ' pock' mark's on most decal's.. ..I find that it happens  when you open a kit that may have been in stock for a period of time, where brand new issue's that are opened and checked seem to be just fine. It seems the longer the sheet is sealed in the cello, with the backing paper pressed into it, with the weight of the content's of the entire kit on top, the worse they get as time goes on. I bought the new 49 Ford when first release, and the sheet is great,,,but just this weekend bought and opened two new kit's of the 63 Corvette, and 37 Chevy gasser, and both sheet's have the damage mentioned. I also opened my second awb 65 Mustang that has been around here for a couple of year's, and when removed from the cello bag the decal's were stuck to the backing paper causing damage once again. In checking other kit's that were released WITHOUT the plastic cello bag on the decal's, all of mine are just perfect.... I have had this happen now a few time's.... have any of you had the same dilemma......the Ace....:o